Pain Symptoms Treated by Urologists at New York Urology Specialists in New York City
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a board certified urologist in NYC who specializes in treatment of urological pain syndromes in men and women. He treats men and women with pelvic pain, perineal pain as well as genital pain in the penis, bladder and testis.
We Help Men and Women in NYC with Chronic and Acute Pain Caused by Urological Problems
The doctors at New York Urology Specialists treat pain syndromes in men in women. We utilize multimodal approach that may include medications, physical therapy, procedures or surgery as well as acupuncture.
We have successfully helped many men and women with acute and chronic pain and have improved their quality of life after years of suffering.
- Pelvic Pain – pain can be present in the lower abdomen, pelvis and the back near the rectum.
- Prostatitis – pain can be present in the perineum, close to the anus
- Interstitial Cystitis – pain is typically related to the sensation of full bladder associated with pelvic pain and may be associated with frequent urination.
- Testicular Pain (Orchalgia) – men typically experience pain in the scrotum and testis. Pain may also co-exist in lower abdomen and occasionally in the leg/thigh.
- Scrotal Pain – scrotal pain is felt in the area of groin, scrotum and testis. Some men may describe it as ache, pain or discomfort.
- Painful Urination – pain can be present constantly or occur just before, during or after urination.
- Penile Pain – pain can be present on the penis, at the tip of the penis, constantly or only during erections and sex.
- Perineal Pain – typically is felt in the perineum, around the anus, between vagina and anus in women and anus and scrotum/penis in men.
- Bladder Pain – pain can occur in the lower abdomen, often related to urination but may also have a constant ache component especially in patients with interstitial cystitis, prostatitis.
- Kidney Pain – pain can occur in the flank, on the sides, lower abdomen or in the back, typically mid-back.
- Back Pain – pain is typically in the back but may also occur in legs, buttocks and pelvis.
Innovative Treatment Options
We offer medical and surgical treatment options for treatment of urological-related pain syndromes.
These include: Neuromodulation, targeted therapy for patients with neuropathic pain, local blocks, and microscopic varicocelectomy among others.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your care:
1. Experience – we treat many patients with chronic pain each year. There are very few board certified urologists who treat as many.
2. Safety – We practice at some of the top hospitals in New York City. .
3. Confidential and Understanding Care. We understand that most of our patients desire privacy. We see patients with a variety of urological problems. Your reason for visiting us is entirely confidential.
by juanito creque on Apr 11, 2018
I am very satisfied with the treatment I received at new york urology specialist and would recommend them to other patients.they are the very best.
by Bob Brown on Nov 19, 2017
I am writing to thank dr. Alex. He is thorough, professional, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I have seen him for ED and prostate issues, and he has explained all my options clearly, and found solutions that have been a great help. thank you! I highly recommend both Dr. Alex and his staff, which I find to be helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and very professional. They are a pleasure to deal with and all have been a great help.
by Raymond M. on Nov 18, 2017
The attention and care that I received were reassuring and superb. My uneasiness was quickly dispelled by the skill and efficiency they demonstrated during the brief procedure. As a result, my comfort and appearance has improved considerably, and I highly value both Dr. Alex and his staff.
by Clarence Brown on Sep 14, 2017
I am very much thankful for meeting Dr Alex .I had a very serious medical problem I visited many doctors but none could not help me it was very difficult for me until I visited Dr Alex after a couple visits my medical problem is no more I feel very great also I felt almost 20 years younger Dr Alex is second to none fantastic doctor. Thanks again Dr Alex from my family.
by Patient on Jun 04, 2017
" He found my source of testicular pain that was missed by a Urologist from my insurance provider. Although I paid to go out of network- any price is less than testicular pain. He is generous with his time and will not short change anyone for care." via Vitals.com Posted on June 4th, 2017
by Michael on Jul 03, 2014
I am feeling better now after visiting clinic New York urology specialists. Excellent staff and appointment on time.
by George & Sally R on Jan 07, 2013
Dear Dr. Alex: We want to thank you for the excellent care you provided for George during his emergency operation and the follow up treatment. Your quiet, confident manner was reassuring to us during a very scary time for us. We will never forget you. George Sally R. Date: 2013
by Joanne R. on Sep 17, 2012
Dear Dr. Alex – I just wanted to write you a note to thank you for all of the care you have gave to my father during his illness. We appreciate all that you did to help my dad through his illness. We wanted to be sure to let you know how much it meant to us. Sincerely Joanne R.
by Joyce T on Feb 16, 2012
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger and Staff – Thank you so much for taking care of my husband Bob. Dr. Alex: I thank God everyday for you. You were an answer to prayer.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urological problems in men and women using modern effective and proven treatment methods. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to Contact Us with any questions.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a board certified urologist who treats men and women with urological pain syndromes.