Innovative Urology Care
Second Opinion Urologist in NYC – Board Certified and Fellowship Trained
Benefits of a Second Opinion
While many minor urological problems can be treated well by primary care physicians, some of the more complex problems do not respond to initial treatment prescribed by primary care physicians. In situations like that a urology consultation is beneficial.
Sometimes the more complicated urology problems do not respond to treatment offered by the primary urologist. When symptoms do not improve, a second opinion from New York Urology Specialists often leads to a change of treatment or diagnosis. We can guide you to the right treatment to achieve the best possible outcome. Oftentimes we also coordinate care with other specialists who need to be involved in your care.
Better Science Means Better Care.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is fellowship trained and board certified. He is highly respected for his clinical acumen. As a urologic surgeon, he offers both medical and surgical treatment for urological health problems. As a scientist, he has published in numerous academic journals and made presentations at national meetings on a variety of urological topics including bladder and prostate problems, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney stones as well as prostatitis and UTIs.
As a fellowship trained urologic oncologist he specializes in treatment of all stages of bladder cancer, prostate cancer and kidney cancer.
Dr. Shteynshlyuger, a specialist in treating men and women with complicated urological and medical problems in New York City, offers second and third opinion for patients with complicated urological problems including bladder and urinary problems, prostate problems and BPH, blood in urine, prostate cancer, kidney cancer. He also treats difficult to treat UTIs, incontinence and bladder cancer as well as large and difficult to treat kidney stones in men and women.
Excellence in Urology Care
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer rigorously proven minimally invasive latest treatment options and prevention strategies. We use evidence based care based on rigorous science to deliver better care.
You should get a second opinion when:
- Your symptoms are not improving with the treatment approach you are receiving even after you have given it adequate time to work.
- You do not understand your diagnosis or uncertain of it.
- You are unsure of the treatment options available to you.
- You want assurance that the choice of treatment is appropriate for your individual needs.
- You want to make sure that you are aware and consider all modern treatment options available in making your treatment decision
- You want an independent opinion and review of the medical records
- You want to be treated by a fellowship trained specialist who is board certified.
- Your treatment decision can affect your life.
- Your require the expertise of our specialists