Cost of Treatment with Bipolar TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) and Traditional Monopolar TURP for Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
by Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger, a board-certified urologist, and specialist in the treatment of enlarged prostate and complex urinary problems using minimally invasive approaches. He is one of the first urologists in the US and NYC to offer Urolift as a treatment for enlarged prostate.
What is the Cost of Bipolar TURP and Traditional TURP for Enlarged Prostate?
Overall the course of treatment for enlarged prostate with bipolar TURP and traditional TURP similar. Using bipolar technology increases the cost of procedure marginally by a few hundred dollars. A potential benefit of bipolar technology is that there is minimal to no risk of hyponatremia and less tissue damage with bipolar technology; less risk of erectile dysfunction.
Cost of treatment with bipolar TURP and traditional TURP typically includes 3 components.
- The course of anesthesia.
- The cost of the operating room, hospital or surgical center.
- Surgeon’s fee for performing surgery and treated patients after surgery.
The total cost of the TURP procedure is also affected whether it is performed as a bipolar or unipolar procedure. A major determinant of the cost of bipolar TURP is whether it is performed in a hospital or in a surgical center. The overall cost of TURP procedure may vary from $5,000-$15,000 so more.
Please contact us to schedule evaluation. Based on your needs and preferences we will help you find the most cost efficient way to have TURP procedure.
Insurance Coverage for TURP procedure
At New York Urology Specialists we work with many insurances to get patient pre-qualified for Urolift:
- Medicare coverage for TURP
- TURP for BPH coverage by Cigna
- AETNA Coverage for TURP Surgery
- United Healthcare TURP Coverage
- Oxford Health Plan bipolar TURP Coverage
- 1199 Insurance Coverage for TURP surgery for Enlarged Prostate
- Empire Blue Cross Prostate TURP Coverage
- CIGNA Coverage for BPH Treatment with bipolar TURP
New York Urology Specialists works with many insurance companies nationwide to obtain insurance coverage for patients who desire Urolift Procedure for BPH.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate (BPH) with Transurethral Resection of Prostate or Enucleation?
- All treatment is performed by a Board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of BPH using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of BPH.
- We offer BPH treatment options under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of men treated successfully using medical therapy, Urolift, lasers for BPH (Holmium, Thulium, Evolve, Greenlight lasers), Bipolar TURP, traditional TURP, open suprapubic prostatectomy, robotic suprapubic prostatectomy for BPH.
- We treat men with BPH who have heart problems (hypertension, CAD, CHF), renal failure (ESRD) on hemodialysis, men on blood thinners such as aspirin, Lovenox, Coumadin (Warfarin), apixaban, rivaroxaban (Xarelto).
When it comes to experience and innovation – New York Urology Specialists are a step ahead. Better Science Means Better Care. We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of enlarged prostate and BPH. Many treatment procedures are performed in the convenience and privacy of office settings under local anesthesia.
Medicare and major insurances accepted. We offer affordable rates and financing options.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men. He uses modern effective and proven treatment methods including Urolift for BPH. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area.
He has successfully performed hundreds of prostate procedures in adults. Urolift procedures are performed in the office under local anesthesia, in a surgical center and affiliated hospitals under anesthesia.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.