Innovative Urology Care for STI
COVID-19 PCR Testing in NYC
When is Urology Consultation Needed?
While many minor urological problems can be treated well by primary care physicians, some of the more complex STD problems and especially urethritis and pelvic pain do not respond to the initial treatment prescribed by primary care physicians. In situations like that, a urology consultation is beneficial.
Sometimes the more complicated urology problems do not respond to treatment offered by the primary urologist.
When STD symptoms do not improve, a second opinion from New York Urology Specialists often leads to a change of treatment or diagnosis. We can guide you to the right treatment to achieve the best possible outcome. Oftentimes we also coordinate care with other specialists who need to be involved in your care.
Better Science Means Better Care.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is fellowship-trained and board-certified. He is highly respected for his clinical acumen. As a urologic surgeon, he offers both medical and surgical treatment for urological health problems. As a scientist, he has published in numerous academic journals and made presentations at national meetings on a variety of urological topics including bladder and prostate problems, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney stones as well as prostatitis and UTIs.
Dr. Shteynshlyuger is a specialist in treating men and women with urinary problems caused by urinary tract infections including sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, ureaplasma, mycoplasma, and non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU).
He offers a second opinion for patients with complicated urological problems including bladder and urinary problems caused by UTIs, prostatitis, and STDs. He also treats difficult to treat UTIs, incontinence and bladder control problems.
Excellence in Urology Care
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer rigorously proven minimally invasive latest treatment options and prevention strategies. We use evidence-based care based on rigorous science to deliver better care.
You should get a second opinion for STDs when:
- Your symptoms are not improving with the treatment approach you are receiving even after you have given it adequate time to work.
- You do not understand your diagnosis or uncertain of it.
- You are unsure of the treatment options available to you.
- You want assurance that the choice of treatment, whether surgical or medical, is appropriate for your individual needs.
- You want to make sure that you are aware and consider all modern treatment options available in making your treatment decision
- You want an independent opinion and review of the medical records
- You want to be treated by a fellowship-trained specialist who is board certified.
- Your treatment decision can affect your life.
Scheduling Appointments for STI Treatment and STD Testing at New York Urology Specialists
We have excellent reviews from patients and their partners.
STDs are Treatable in Nearly Every Man and Woman
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STI). We understand the challenges that STDs such as chlamydia, herpes, gonorrhea, and ureaplasma create for our patients, their relationships, and their self-esteem. We help you find an effective treatment for your symptoms that may be caused by STD, UTI or another cause.
Urologists are doctors specializing in the treatment of infections in men and women caused by sexually transmitted diseases as well as bladder infections (UTI). By the virtue of our experience and skill, we are able to offer an effective treatment option for nearly every man and woman with urinary problems and bladder control problems.
We treat some of the most complex STD problems including:
- Persistent urinary urgency
- Frequent recurrence of genital warts
- Frequent recurrence of herpes outbreaks
- HIV prevention
- Genital warts in the urethra
- Treatment of infections when antibiotics do not work well
- Testing for urinary ureaplasma and mycoplasma.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in the evaluation and treatment of urological problems in men and women using modern effective and proven treatment methods. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.