Penile Plication for Treatment of Peyronie’s Disease: Top FAQs
What you need to know about penile plication
Penile plication surgery takes about 1 hour to perform depending on complexity.
There are certain risks and known complications of penile plication these include:
- Penile shortening typically most men experience shortening of half a centimeter to 1-1/2 cm. The more severe the curvature, the higher the likelihood of length loss.
- Patients may experience decreased sensation in the penis or increased sensation in the penis. A patient may also experience tingling and numbness. There is a small risk of necrosis of the skin and glans.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Peyronie’s Disease?
- All treatment is performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of Peyronie’s disease including penile curvature, narrowing of the penis, shortening of the penis, pain in the penis, and ED.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of Peyronie’s disease, sexual and erection problems in men.
- We offer diagnostic testing in our office which avoids hospital costs.
- Extensive Experience: Thousands of men have treated successfully using medical therapy (Xiaflex, Verapamil injections, Interferon), shockwave therapy for penile pain, penile plication, plaque excision and grafting, and penile implant surgery.
- Confidential and Understanding Care. We understand that most of our patients desire privacy. We see patients with a variety of urological problems. Your reason for visiting us is entirely confidential.
Scheduling Appointments for Peyronie’s Treatment at New York Urology Specialists
We have excellent reviews from patients and their partners.
Peyronies Disease and ED Are Treatable in Nearly Every Man
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction. We understand the challenges that Peyronie’s disease and ED create for our patients, their relationships and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for Peyronie’s disease that fits your needs, your lifestyle and your preferences.
Urologists are doctors specializing in the treatment of men with sexual problems including Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction. By the virtue of our experience and skill, we are able to offer an effective treatment option for nearly every man who desires an effective treatment for ED. We offer medical and surgical treatment for Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex ED Problems Including:
- Hourglass narrowing of the penis
- Shortening of the penis and loss of penile length
- Penis curvature with worsening erections
- Peyronies disease in men with diabetes and weak erections in men with diabetes.
- Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction in men with prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy
- Erectile dysfunction in men with Peyronie’s disease
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.