Getting Pregnant Again after No-Scalpel Vasectomy Compared to Essure
Pregnancy after Essure vs Pregnancy After No-Scalpel Vasectomy
There is a greater chance of a serious complication called ectopic pregnancy for women who conceive with the Essure device in place. However, some women with the Essure device have given birth to healthy babies.
Studies have shown that Essure has an unintended pregnancy rate of about 18.5 per 1,000 procedures. Vasectomy has an unintended pregnancy rate of less than 1 per 2,500 procedures, but most of these happen during the first few months. Both Essure for women and vasectomy for men are effective birth control options. Essure has been withdrawn from the market in the US and is no longer available.
How Can I Get Pregnant after Essure or Vasectomy?
If you change your mind after having Essure or a vasectomy and want to conceive, pregnancy may still be possible. Vasectomy reversal surgery reconnects the pathway that was cut during a vasectomy, so that sperm can once again enter the semen. Essure reversal is more complicated and involves the surgical removal of the Essure device.
Success Rate of Essure Reversal vs Vasectomy Reversal?
About 50% of men who have a vasectomy reversal are able to conceive with their partners. Vasectomy reversal is more likely to be successful if it occurs within several years of the vasectomy, and if the man’s partner is under age 40. About 35 to 40% of women who have Essure reversal are able to become pregnant.
Cost of Vasectomy Reversal vs Essure Removal?
Essure reversal and vasectomy reversal procedures are usually considered elective, so insurance may not cover them. At New York Urology Specialists, we offer affordable rates and convenient financing options for men who are considering a vasectomy reversal, and we also accept Medicare and most major insurances.
Why choose New York Urology Specialists?
At New York Urology Specialists, we believe in a higher standard of care. Our board-certified specialist uses a personalized approach when working with patients–he’ll take the time to walk you through all of your options and develop a customized plan to meet your permanent birth control needs. As a highly acclaimed and internationally recognized urologist, Dr. Shteynshlyuger has over ten years of experience providing no-scalpel vasectomy, with many satisfied patients.
Comparison of Essure vs No-Scalpel Vasectomy
Essure No-Scalpel Vasectomy
|Is it permanent?||Yes||Yes|
|Pain during procedure||Minimal||Minimal|
|Procedure Length||Under 30 minutes||Under 30 minutes|
|Recovery Time||About 2 days||About 2 to 3 days|
|Risks||Pain, perforation, device migration, bleeding||Bleeding, infection, pain, sperm granuloma|
|Success Rate||Over 99%||Over 99%|
|Reversible||Yes; 35-40% achieve pregnancy||Yes; 50% achieve pregnancy|
Where to Get No-Scalpel Vasectomy in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer no-scalpel vasectomy procedure for men.
We perform a no-scalpel vasectomy, vasectomy reversal, cosmetic circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, and offer treatment for phimosis, balanitis, penile irritation, and redness. We treat sexual and erection problems and offer comprehensive STD testing for infections. We offer confidential appointments. Our prices are affordable with or without insurance.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel vasectomy for a 27-year-old man with 1 child.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel vasectomy for a 35-year-old man with 3 children – out-of-state – Drove
Read RealStories: Vasectomy and Circumcision revision in a 27-year-old
What You Need to Know:
- Sex and Erections After No scalpel, No needle Vasectomy
- No-Scalpel Vasectomy Appointments in NYC
- Benefits of No-Scalpel Vasectomy Under Local Anesthesia
- No scalpel vasectomy: Who is a good candidate?
- Vasectomy Cost
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your Vasectomy?
- All vasectomies are performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in performing vasectomies, not an assistant. Our vasectomy dr is one of the most experienced specialists who perform no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy in NYC.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy.
- We offer vasectomy under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of successful no-scalpel vasectomies performed under local anesthesia at the Vasectomy Center at New York Urology Specialists.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for the treatment of sexual and erection problems in men.
- We are conveniently located within 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking vasectomy in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
What does Vasectomy Scar Look Like?
You can find pictures of circumcision as well as before and after treatment images in our image gallery.
Scheduling Appointments for Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Vasectomy With Fast Recovery at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially-trained in no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy procedure.
We also address common sexual and genital concerns in men. We understand the challenges that sexual and penile problems such as pain in the penis, cuts on the foreskin, irritation, and curvature create for our patients, their relationships, and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for penile problems including appearance concerns, foreskin problems, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Penis, Scrotal, and Foreskin Problems Including:
- The foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Scrotal hydrocele treatment
- Circumcision Revision
- Testicular implants
- Male infertility
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in no-scalpel vasectomy.
He also specializes in the evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, penoscrotal web repair, testicular implants, inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED, and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.