Pain Symptoms Treated by Urologists at New York Urology Specialists in New York City
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a board certified urologist in NYC who specializes in treatment of urological pain syndromes in men and women. He treats men and women with pelvic pain, perineal pain as well as genital pain in the penis, bladder and testis.
We Help Men and Women in NYC with Chronic and Acute Pain Caused by Urological Problems
The doctors at New York Urology Specialists treat pain syndromes in men in women. We utilize multimodal approach that may include medications, physical therapy, procedures or surgery as well as acupuncture.
We have successfully helped many men and women with acute and chronic pain and have improved their quality of life after years of suffering.
- Pelvic Pain – pain can be present in the lower abdomen, pelvis and the back near the rectum.
- Prostatitis – pain can be present in the perineum, close to the anus
- Interstitial Cystitis – pain is typically related to the sensation of full bladder associated with pelvic pain and may be associated with frequent urination.
- Testicular Pain (Orchalgia) – men typically experience pain in the scrotum and testis. Pain may also co-exist in lower abdomen and occasionally in the leg/thigh.
- Scrotal Pain – scrotal pain is felt in the area of groin, scrotum and testis. Some men may describe it as ache, pain or discomfort.
- Painful Urination – pain can be present constantly or occur just before, during or after urination.
- Penile Pain – pain can be present on the penis, at the tip of the penis, constantly or only during erections and sex.
- Perineal Pain – typically is felt in the perineum, around the anus, between vagina and anus in women and anus and scrotum/penis in men.
- Bladder Pain – pain can occur in the lower abdomen, often related to urination but may also have a constant ache component especially in patients with interstitial cystitis, prostatitis.
- Kidney Pain – pain can occur in the flank, on the sides, lower abdomen or in the back, typically mid-back.
- Back Pain – pain is typically in the back but may also occur in legs, buttocks and pelvis.
Innovative Treatment Options
We offer medical and surgical treatment options for treatment of urological-related pain syndromes.
These include: Neuromodulation, targeted therapy for patients with neuropathic pain, local blocks, and microscopic varicocelectomy among others.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your care:
1. Experience – we treat many patients with chronic pain each year. There are very few board certified urologists who treat as many.
2. Safety – We practice at some of the top hospitals in New York City. .
3. Confidential and Understanding Care. We understand that most of our patients desire privacy. We see patients with a variety of urological problems. Your reason for visiting us is entirely confidential.
by Charles Thompson on Jul 06, 2019
I am a 54 year-old male who is extremely happy with my care at New York Urology Specialists. I came to see Dr. Alex out of near desperation after consulting with three other urologists. Literally over one night, I began experiencing severe penile pain and burning. None of the other urologists were able to help diagnose what my problem was and seemingly didn't take my problem very seriously. In fact, one of them specifically told me at it had nothing to do with my prostate. After 6 weeks of suffering, I saw Dr. Alex. He examined me and gave me some tests and lab work. He very quickly ascertained that my problem was due to an enlarged prostate. He proscribed medicine to deal with my pain in the short-term and keep my prostate size in check over the long-term. My problem quickly disappeared. Today, 5 years later, I feel great. Dr, Alex listens to you as a patient, takes your opinion and health concerns seriously and knows his field inside-and-out so that you can get proper treatment for your problem. I can't thank him enough for diagnosing and solving my malady - you sometimes can't appreciate a problem until you have it. Getting rid of it and getting back to normal is so important - I am so glad that I saw Dr. Alex for my problem.
by Tara on Mar 17, 2019
Overall, I am happy with the services provided by Dr. Alex and his office staff. They are second to none when regarding follow-ups and getting back to you promptly, which is definitely not always the case with specialists. Furthermore, living abroad, he has offered to continue to treat me via skype and through email, which has been hugely helpful considering the medical care where I live is not as comprehensive as in the United States.
by Monique on Jan 28, 2019
by Winston on Sep 15, 2018
I am very please and satisfied with everything that has been offorded to me by New York Urology Specialist Office.....Dr Alex
by Wyts on Sep 15, 2018
Wyts Wyts recommends New York Urology Specialists via Facebook. September 15, 2018 · Friendly , courteous, effiecient and professional staff members. This office i highly recommend for any and all Urology matters. Dr Alex Shteynshlyuger is very professional and knowledgable easy to communicate with. Thanks Dr Alex
by Lee St. James on Sep 01, 2018
Dr Alex and his staff are through professionals in every sense of the word. From initial diagnosis to a period of evaluating and ruling out options, we decided upon a surgical solution, which appears for the most part to have corrected the issue. Thanks to Ana, and the staff, especially Dr. Alex for treating me so well. Best regards, Lee
by Christopher cato on Aug 16, 2018
by juanito creque on Apr 11, 2018
I am very satisfied with the treatment I received at new york urology specialist and would recommend them to other patients.they are the very best.
by Bob Brown on Nov 19, 2017
I am writing to thank dr. Alex. He is thorough, professional, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I have seen him for ED and prostate issues, and he has explained all my options clearly, and found solutions that have been a great help. thank you! I highly recommend both Dr. Alex and his staff, which I find to be helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and very professional. They are a pleasure to deal with and all have been a great help.
by Raymond M. on Nov 18, 2017
The attention and care that I received were reassuring and superb. My uneasiness was quickly dispelled by the skill and efficiency they demonstrated during the brief procedure. As a result, my comfort and appearance has improved considerably, and I highly value both Dr. Alex and his staff.
by Clarence Brown on Sep 14, 2017
I am very much thankful for meeting Dr Alex .I had a very serious medical problem I visited many doctors but none could not help me it was very difficult for me until I visited Dr Alex after a couple visits my medical problem is no more I feel very great also I felt almost 20 years younger Dr Alex is second to none fantastic doctor. Thanks again Dr Alex from my family.
by Patient on Jun 04, 2017
" He found my source of testicular pain that was missed by a Urologist from my insurance provider. Although I paid to go out of network- any price is less than testicular pain. He is generous with his time and will not short change anyone for care." via Vitals.com Posted on June 4th, 2017
by Michael on Jul 03, 2014
I am feeling better now after visiting clinic New York urology specialists. Excellent staff and appointment on time.
by George & Sally R on Jan 07, 2013
Dear Dr. Alex: We want to thank you for the excellent care you provided for George during his emergency operation and the follow up treatment. Your quiet, confident manner was reassuring to us during a very scary time for us. We will never forget you. George Sally R. Date: 2013
by Joanne R. on Sep 17, 2012
Dear Dr. Alex – I just wanted to write you a note to thank you for all of the care you have gave to my father during his illness. We appreciate all that you did to help my dad through his illness. We wanted to be sure to let you know how much it meant to us. Sincerely Joanne R.
by Joyce T on Feb 16, 2012
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger and Staff – Thank you so much for taking care of my husband Bob. Dr. Alex: I thank God everyday for you. You were an answer to prayer.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urological problems in men and women using modern effective and proven treatment methods. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to Contact Us with any questions.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a board certified urologist who treats men and women with urological pain syndromes.