Treatment of Penile Pain and Discomfort in the Penis in NYC: Experienced Urologist
by Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger, a board-certified urologist, and specialist in the treatment of penile problems in men
What You Need to Know about Pain in the Penis: A Definitive Guide
What are the Causes of Penile Pain?
Pain in the penis may originate in the penis, or may be referred pain from the pelvis or surrounding organs.
There are many causes of penile pain. Penile pain can be classified in a number of ways:
- Penile Pain Occurring During Sex or with Erections
- Penile Pain Occurring Before, During or After Urination
- Penile Pain Occurring Before, During or After Ejaculation
- Penile Pain occurring in flaccid, non-erect penis
- Isolated Penile Pain
- Penile Pain in Combination with Perineal, Pelvic, Testicular or Thigh or Back pain.
Common Causes of Penile Pain:
- Urethritis (non-gonococcal urethritis)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease)
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) in Men
- Urinary Problem: Urethral stricture, enlarged prostate, voiding dysfunction
- Peyronie’s disease
- Foreskin problem: Phimosis or tight, non-retractable foreskin;
- inflammation of the foreskin known as balanitis
- Pain on the underneath of the penis with erections due to short frenulum (frenulum breve)
- Neuropathic penile pain
- Dermatological problem
- Referred pain
- Pelvic pain syndrome
- Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans (BXO)
- Penile cancer
Who Treats Pain in the Penis?
Some urologists specialize in the treatment of penile pain. Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a New York City-based specialist who has successfully treated many men with chronic penile pain. Other doctors such as neurologists or pain specialists, may be helpful in the treatment of penile pain in men.
What Tests are Necessary for Men with Penile Pain?
Penile pain can be caused by a variety of problems. Some men do not require any additional testing and the diagnosis can be established by a urologist during an examination. Example of such conditions includes phimosis, frenulum breve, penoscrotal web, Peyronie’s disease, and an STD.
Based on initial evaluation, men may be tested for UTI (urinary tract infection) or sexually transmitted disease (STD). Urinary tract testing is necessary for men where voiding dysfunction is suspected. This may involve looking inside the urethra and the urinary bladder (cystoscopy), urodynamic studies, and bladder/pelvic ultrasound.
Treatment of Penile Pain and Penile Discomfort at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our experienced urologists are equipped to treat all causes of penile pain, whether the treatment requires medications or a surgical procedure.
Same day procedure: Removal of penile pearly papules can usually be performed the same day as your consultation. This is a convenient option for patients who are traveling for the procedure.
What Are the Treatment Options to Remove Penile Pearly Papules?
If you or your partner is bothered by penile pearly papules and wish to remove them for aesthetic reasons, there are a few options available:
- Surgical removal: rarely performed – takes a long time to heal.
- Ablation using Electro-cautery: effective treatment that can be performed in one session. Recovery takes 2-4 weeks.
- Carbon dioxide laser: effective treatment that can be performed in one session. Recovery takes 2-4 weeks
- Various other Lasers (Pulsed-Dye Lasers): effective but typically may require more than one session to remove all lesions.
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer penile papule ablation using electrocautery, which offers a quick and effective treatment option for penile papules.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Penile Discomfort in Men?
- All treatment is performed by a Board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with penile symptoms using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers, and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for the treatment of sexual and penile problems in men
- We offer treatment options for balanitis, genital warts, phimosis, Peyronie’s disease, and penile cysts in our office which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of men and women have treated successfully using medical therapy and surgery.
When it comes to experience and innovation – New York Urology Specialists are a step ahead. Better Science Means Better Care. We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of penile pain, urethral burning, foreskin inflammation, and penile cancer. Many treatment procedures are performed in the convenience and privacy of office settings under local anesthesia.
Medicare and major insurances accepted. Urologist. We offer affordable rates and financing options.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of penis problems in men. He uses modern effective and proven treatment methods. He is highly recommended by doctors and patients alike.
He has successfully treated hundreds of men of all ages with penile problems including irritation and inflammation of the penis, bent penis, and weak erections.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a board-certified urologist in NYC who specializes in treating men with penis problems including lumps, pain in the penis, penile masses, erectile dysfunction, circumcision.