Obstructive Azoospermia: Evaluation and Treatment of Infertility in Men in NYC
Common Causes of Obstructive Azoospermia:
- Prior vasectomy.
- Primary infections (sexually transmitted diseases.)
- Ejaculatory duct obstruction.
- Ectopic location of ejaculatory duct.
- Prior inguinal surgery
- Prior radical prostatectomy
- Prior pelvic surgery such as colon resection
- Radiation therapy to the pelvis or inguinal areas
Treatment Options for Men with Obstructive Azoospermia
Obstructive azoospermia is a fairly common but fortunately treatable cause of infertility in management. Depending on the particular situation, one of 2 options is available:
- Repair and reconstruction to overcome the obstruction
- Use of assistive reproductive techniques such as testicular sperm extraction with in vitro fertilization (IVF / ICSI).
The choice .depends on patient’s preferences, partner reproductive situation, and complexity of necessary construction.
Weekend vasectomy procedure is convenient for patients who want to minimize time off work.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a board-certified urologist in NYC. He specializes in sexual and reproductive issues that affect men. He helps men with infertility to achieve pregnancy. He is a specialist in interpreting semen analysis in men with infertility. He performs no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy under local anesthesia avoiding the risks of general anesthesia.
We see patients from all parts of New York City (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island), Long Island, Westchester and New Jersey as well as other parts of the USA. We also see international patients from Canada, Japan, South America, Russia, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Caribbean and other parts of the world.