Recovery After Vasectomy: What to Expect
Recovery after No-Scalpel Vasectomy
Initial recovery after a vasectomy typically takes a few days. You can expect some swelling and discomfort in your scrotum after no-scalpel vasectomy.
Most men who undergo vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists can return to work in 1-3 days; many of our patients are able to return to office work the next day or in a few days; men whose job requires more physical activity (walking, climbing, lifting) may take longer to return to work.
Minor occasional discomfort/pain and swelling can last for as long as a few weeks after the procedure. Occasional ache may occur for up to a few months after the procedure.
How Soon After Vasectomy May I have Sex?
You can have sex as soon as one week after vasectomy when performed at New York Urology Specialists. It is advisable to ejaculate often after a vasectomy to clear the system from the residual sperm.
How Soon after Vasectomy May I Return to the GYM?
Most men are able to return to the GYM within a week after the procedure when performed at New York Urology Specialists. Men are advised to avoid any activities that involve the scrotum (biking, etc) for 2 weeks and to avoid swimming for 2 weeks.
No-Scalpel Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Experienced urologists at New York Urology Specialists are pleased to offer no-scalpel vasectomy at its offices in New York City. The vasectomy procedure is usually done under local anesthesia in our office. Please contact us to schedule an appointment to discuss if a vasectomy is right for you.
Where to Get No-Scalpel Vasectomy in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer no-scalpel vasectomy procedure for men.
We perform a no-scalpel vasectomy, vasectomy reversal, cosmetic circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, and offer treatment for phimosis, balanitis, penile irritation, and redness. We treat sexual and erection problems and offer comprehensive STD testing for infections. We offer confidential appointments. Our prices are affordable with or without insurance.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel vasectomy for a 27-year-old man with 1 child.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy and Circumcision revision in a 27-year-old
Read RealStories: Vasectomy and left hydrocelectomy for a 44-year-old man.
What You Need to Know:
- Benefits of No-Scalpel Vasectomy Under Local Anesthesia
- No scalpel vasectomy: Who is a good candidate?
- Vasectomy Cost
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your Vasectomy?
- All vasectomies are performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in performing vasectomies, not an assistant. Our vasectomy dr is one of the most experienced specialists who perform no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy in NYC.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy.
- We offer vasectomy under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of successful no-scalpel vasectomies performed under local anesthesia at the Vasectomy Center at New York Urology Specialists.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for the treatment of sexual and erection problems in men.
- We are conveniently located within 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking vasectomy in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
What does Vasectomy Scar Look Like?
You can find pictures of circumcision as well as before and after treatment images in our image gallery.
Scheduling Appointments for Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Vasectomy With Fast Recovery at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially-trained in no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy procedure.
We also address common sexual and genital concerns in men. We understand the challenges that sexual and penile problems such as pain in the penis, cuts on the foreskin, irritation, and curvature create for our patients, their relationships, and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for penile problems including appearance concerns, foreskin problems, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Penis, Scrotal, and Foreskin Problems Including:
- The foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Scrotal hydrocele treatment
- Circumcision Revision
- Testicular implants
- Male infertility
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in no-scalpel vasectomy.
He also specializes in the evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, penoscrotal web repair, testicular implants, inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED, and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.