No Scalpel Vasectomy: Who is a Good Candidate?
Is No-Scalpel Vasectomy Right for You?
No scalpel vasectomy is an innovative minimally invasive approach to permanent sterilization (birth control) for men.
Advantages of no-scalpel vasectomy include
- a very small skin opening that allows the surgeon to get access to the vas deferens and to ligate it;
- No scalpel vasectomy is associated with less pain
- Less blood loss
- Faster recovery than a traditional open vasectomy.
- While the risk of infection is small with a traditional vasectomy, it is even lower with no-scalpel vasectomy.
Who is a Good Candidate for No-Scalpel Vasectomy?
In our practice at New York Urology Specialists, the great majority of men are candidates for a no-scalpel vasectomy. In fact, more than 95% of men are able to undergo a no-scalpel vasectomy.
A small number of men who had extensive scrotal surgery in the past such as hydrocelectomy or orchiopexy may require traditional open vasectomy.
Men who had scrotal trauma with a significant amount of residual swelling and fibrosis (scarring) may also require to have a traditional vasectomy. Even in men who had previous scrotal surgery more than 50% of the time, we are able to perform “no scalpel” vasectomy.
Do I have to Travel to China to Get a No-Scalpel Vasectomy?
While Dr. Li Shunqiang of China invented the procedure, the method of no-scalpel vasectomy has been imported and successfully reproduced in the US. No-Scalpel vasectomy has been successfully practiced at New York Urology Specialists for many years with hundreds of success stories.
While there are many reasons to visit China, no-scalpel vasectomy does not have to be one of them.
What You Need to Know:
- Patient Testimonials
- Benefits of No-Scalpel Vasectomy Under Local Anesthesia
- Office vs Hospital Vasectomy
- Open-Ended Vasectomy vs Clipped or Tied Vasectomy
- Recovery After Vasectomy
- Weekend and Evening Vasectomy Consultation and Procedure in NYC
Learn More About:
- Second Opinion No-Scalpel Vasectomy Urologist in NYC – Leading Urology Specialist
- Vasectomy in Infertile and Sub-fertile men with low sperm counts
- Vasectomy Insurance Coverage: No-Needle, No-Scalpel Vasectomy
- Vasectomy vs Tubal Ligation
We see patients from all parts of New York City (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island), Long Island, Westchester and New Jersey as well as other parts of the USA. We also see international patients from Canada, Japan, South America, Russia, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Caribbean and other parts of the world.
This post is also available in: Spanish