Risks of Vasectomy Procedure
All medical and surgical treatments are associated with some risks. In general no-scalpel vasectomy is considered a safe treatment option for men who do not wish to have children in the future and want a permanent treatment option. Side effects and complications are rare but could occasionally occur.
- Risk of wound infection (Less than 1%)
- Bleeding or hematoma (usually minor <1%)
- Pain from the procedure (usually minor)
- Long-term scrotal/testicular pain (orchalgia) (3-5%)
- Anti-sperm antibodies
- Infertility (that’s the goal of vasectomy)
- Sperm granuloma
- Testicular atrophy (<2%)
- Failure of vasectomy ( <0.5%)
It is important to be aware that vasectomy does not protect against the risk of sexually transmitted diseases.
Contact New York Urology Specialists for a detailed discussion of the benefits and risks of the vasectomy procedure before you decide whether vasectomy is right for you.
Where to Get No-Scalpel Vasectomy in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer no-scalpel vasectomy procedure for men.
We perform a no-scalpel vasectomy, vasectomy reversal, cosmetic circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, and offer treatment for phimosis, balanitis, penile irritation, and redness. We treat sexual and erection problems and offer comprehensive STD testing for infections. We offer confidential appointments. Our prices are affordable with or without insurance.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel vasectomy for a 35-year-old man with 3 children – out-of-state – Drove
Read RealStories: No-scalpel vasectomy for a 36-year-old man with no children.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy and Circumcision revision in a 27-year-old
What You Need to Know:
- Sex and Erections After Vasectomy
- Benefits of No-Scalpel Vasectomy Under Local Anesthesia
- Vasectomy vs Condom Use
- Pregnancy After Vasectomy
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your Vasectomy?
- All vasectomies are performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in performing vasectomies, not an assistant. Our vasectomy dr is one of the most experienced specialists who perform no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy in NYC.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy.
- We offer vasectomy under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of successful no-scalpel vasectomies performed under local anesthesia at the Vasectomy Center at New York Urology Specialists.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for the treatment of sexual and erection problems in men.
- We are conveniently located within 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking vasectomy in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
What does Vasectomy Scar Look Like?
You can find pictures of circumcision as well as before and after treatment images in our image gallery.
Scheduling Appointments for Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Vasectomy With Fast Recovery at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially-trained in no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy procedure.
We also address common sexual and genital concerns in men. We understand the challenges that sexual and penile problems such as pain in the penis, cuts on the foreskin, irritation, and curvature create for our patients, their relationships, and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for penile problems including appearance concerns, foreskin problems, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Penis, Scrotal, and Foreskin Problems Including:
- The foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Scrotal hydrocele treatment
- Circumcision Revision
- Testicular implants
- Male infertility
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in no-scalpel vasectomy.
He also specializes in the evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, penoscrotal web repair, testicular implants, inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED, and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.