What to Expect after Vasectomy: Sex and Erections
Sex after Vasectomy
In general, men after vasectomy are advised to abstain from sex for 1 week. While usually there are no complications after having sex in the first 1 week after vasectomy, many men experience pain after ejaculation during the first week after vasectomy. For this reason, to avoid ejaculatory pain, we advise that men abstain from sexual intercourse and ejaculation for the 1st week.
There is a small risk that the blood vessels surrounding the area where the vas was ligated may open up and lead to usually minor bleeding and scrotal hematoma in the first few days after the vasectomy.
This is an additional reason why we advise patients at New York Urology Specialists to abstain from sexual intercourse and ejaculation for the first week after either no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy or traditional vasectomy.
Erections after Vasectomy
Men do not experience any change in erections after vasectomy. Vasectomy does not affect erectile function. Some men feel that they have more sensitivity and become more aroused because they did not need to use condoms after no-scalpel vasectomy.
In general, men experience improved sexual satisfaction after a vasectomy. It is important to remember that vasectomy does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases. In addition, one must rely on other contraceptive methods until 2 semen analyses show no residual sperm. Semen analyses are typically performed about 2 months after the vasectomy.
Where to Get No-Scalpel Vasectomy in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer no-scalpel vasectomy procedure for men.
We perform a no-scalpel vasectomy, vasectomy reversal, cosmetic circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, and offer treatment for phimosis, balanitis, penile irritation, and redness. We treat sexual and erection problems and offer comprehensive STD testing for infections. We offer confidential appointments. Our prices are affordable with or without insurance.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel vasectomy for a 27-year-old man with 1 child.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel vasectomy for a 36-year-old man with no children.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy for a 64-year-old; newly married.
What You Need to Know:
- Sex and Erections After Vasectomy
- Benefits of No-Scalpel Vasectomy Under Local Anesthesia
- Vasectomy vs Tubal Ligation
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your Vasectomy?
- All vasectomies are performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in performing vasectomies, not an assistant. Our vasectomy dr is one of the most experienced specialists who perform no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy in NYC.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy.
- We offer vasectomy under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of successful no-scalpel vasectomies performed under local anesthesia at the Vasectomy Center at New York Urology Specialists.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for the treatment of sexual and erection problems in men.
- We are conveniently located within a 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking vasectomy in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
What does Vasectomy Scar Look Like?
You can find pictures of circumcision as well as before and after treatment images in our image gallery.
Scheduling Appointments for Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Vasectomy With Fast Recovery at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially-trained in no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy procedure.
We also address common sexual and genital concerns in men. We understand the challenges that sexual and penile problems such as pain in the penis, cuts on the foreskin, irritation, and curvature create for our patients, their relationships, and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for penile problems including appearance concerns, foreskin problems, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Penis, Scrotal, and Foreskin Problems Including:
- The foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Scrotal hydrocele treatment
- Circumcision Revision
- Testicular implants
- Male infertility
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom medications do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained, board-certified urologist with expertise in no-scalpel vasectomy.
He also specializes in the evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern, effective, and proven treatment methods. We offer circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, penoscrotal web repair, testicular implants, inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED, and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.