36-Year-Old Man with No Children Who Underwent Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Real Stories. Real Patients.
Names and age have been changed to protect patient privacy.
Treatment success varies. Not every patient experiences benefit from treatment. Please talk to your doctor. This is for informational/educational purposes and is not intended to replace a patient-doctor relationship. Only your doctor can advise you on a course of treatment that is appropriate for your needs.
36 years old without Children: No-Scalpel Vasectomy:
JR presented with a request for an elective no-scalpel vasectomy. The patient is 36 years old and has no children. He is currently in a relationship.
The patient reports that he is not interested in having children in the future. He reports that he has been thinking about a vasectomy for the past year. He was counseled about vasectomy, including the fact that about 5% of men may regret vasectomy and seek vasectomy reversal as life circumstances/relationships change. Regret may be more common in men without children.
The patient decided to proceed with a vasectomy and signed a mandatory consent.
The patient underwent no-scalpel vasectomy 1 month after the initial consultation. Vasectomy was performed in the office under local anesthesia. The procedure took less than 30 minutes. He rated pain score as 2-3/10 (1 being no pain; 10 worse pain of his life).
The patient was seen 1 week after vasectomy – he had minimal discomfort; no-scalpel skin puncture is well healed. The patient was advised to get a semen analysis in 2 months.
The patient was seen about 3 months after the vasectomy. He reports no pain, back to normal. Two semen analysis revealed no sperm. The patient was advised that he can rely on a vasectomy for contraception.
Where to Get No-Scalpel Vasectomy in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer no-scalpel vasectomy procedure for men.
We perform a no-scalpel vasectomy, vasectomy reversal, cosmetic circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, and offer treatment for phimosis, balanitis, penile irritation, and redness. We treat sexual and erection problems and offer comprehensive STD testing for infections. We offer confidential appointments. Our prices are affordable with or without insurance.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel vasectomy for a 35-year-old man with 3 children – out-of-state – Drove
Read RealStories: Vasectomy for a 47-year-old man with 1 child; newly single.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy and Circumcision revision in a 27-year-old
What You Need to Know:
- Benefits of No-Scalpel Vasectomy Under Local Anesthesia
- No scalpel vasectomy: Who is a good candidate?
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your Vasectomy?
- All vasectomies are performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in performing vasectomies, not an assistant. Our vasectomy dr is one of the most experienced specialists who perform no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy in NYC.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy.
- We offer vasectomy under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of successful no-scalpel vasectomies performed under local anesthesia at the Vasectomy Center at New York Urology Specialists.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for the treatment of sexual and erection problems in men.
- We are conveniently located within a 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking vasectomy in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
What does Vasectomy Scar Look Like?
You can find pictures of circumcision as well as before and after treatment images in our image gallery.
Scheduling Appointments for Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Vasectomy With Fast Recovery at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially-trained in no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy procedure.
We also address common sexual and genital concerns in men. We understand the challenges that sexual and penile problems such as pain in the penis, cuts on the foreskin, irritation, and curvature create for our patients, their relationships, and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for penile problems including appearance concerns, foreskin problems, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Penis, Scrotal, and Foreskin Problems Including:
- The foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Scrotal hydrocele treatment
- Circumcision Revision
- Testicular implants
- Male infertility
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom medications do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained, board-certified urologist with expertise in no-scalpel vasectomy.
He also specializes in the evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern, effective, and proven treatment methods. We offer circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, penoscrotal web repair, testicular implants, inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED, and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.