What are the Benefits of Circumcision?
Benefits of Circumcision
- Improved cosmetic appearance in particular for men with phimosis and paraphimosis.
- Improved hygiene.
- Lower risk of acquiring and transmitting sexually transmitted diseases to female partners.
- Decreased risk of minor trauma/tears from sexual intercourse
- Lower risk of penile cancer if circumcised at birth or before puberty
- Lower risk of infant urinary tract infections if a boy is circumcised at birth
- Less effort in maintaining penile hygiene
- Ability to retract foreskin for patients with phimosis
- Pain-free intercourse for men with phimosis or pain during intercourse.
What You Need to Know:
- Before and After Circumcision: What to Expect
- CDC Recommendations: Circumcision for HIV Prevention
- Circumcision Choices: Type of Anesthesia and Location
Learn More About:
- Local Anesthesia: What are the Benefits?
- Myths Associated with Circumcision
- Pain in the Penis During Sex
- Patient Testimonials
We offer circumcision and circumcision revision for adults in New York City, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Bronx.