Should You Choose to Have Vasectomy in a Hospital or Outpatient Office?
Dr. Shteynshlyuger MD is a board-certified urologist in NYC who has performed hundreds of no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy procedures under local anesthesia, avoiding the risks of general anesthesia.
Hospital Vasectomy versus Office No-Scalpel Vasectomy.
Men have a choice to see a urologist associated with a hospital or to see an office-based urologist. New York Urology Specialists is an office-based practice.
Hospital-based urologists will usually perform the vasectomy in a hospital, usually in an operating room under anesthesia
When you see a urologist who is office-based, a urologist is more likely to perform vasectomies in the office usually using no-scalpel, no-needle approach under local anesthesia.
Here a few things that need to be considered:
Hospitals tend to have very sick patients, and many have infections. As a result, there is a higher risk of infectious complications in hospital-based surgeries due to the fact that most patients are much sicker and have more infections than the usually healthy men who undergo a vasectomy.
The risk of infectious complications in men undergoing vasectomy is likely to be higher if the procedure is performed in a hospital than if it is performed in an outpatient setting where the baseline risk of infection is very low.
Cost of Vasectomy, Facility, Anesthesia, and Nursing Care.
Another consideration is cost. Usually, hospital-based physicians are more expensive because they tend to treat emergencies; hospital facility fees tend to be high and anesthesia and operating room tend to cost 2-3 times higher than equivalent costs in an outpatient office or at a surgical center.
No-scalpel Vasectomy Experience.
An important consideration that should be taken into account by men looking for a vasectomy specialist is how many no-scalpel vasectomy procedures has a physician performed. Most hospital-based physicians treat emergencies in the operating room that arrive through the emergency room. As a result, they are more likely to see acute medical problems and less likely to see patients for an elective procedure such as vasectomies.
Hospital-based urologists may be less experienced in doing no-scalpel vasectomy procedures in the office settings and are more comfortable performing traditional vasectomies in the operating room under anesthesia.
Dr. Shteynshlyuger has performed over 500 no-scalpel vasectomies.
Where to Get No-Scalpel Vasectomy in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer no-scalpel vasectomy procedure for men.
We perform a no-scalpel vasectomy, vasectomy reversal, cosmetic circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, and offer treatment for phimosis, balanitis, penile irritation, and redness. We treat sexual and erection problems and offer comprehensive STD testing for infections. We offer confidential appointments. Our prices are affordable with or without insurance.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel vasectomy for a 27-year-old man with 1 child.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel vasectomy for a 36-year-old man with no children.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy for a 47-year-old man with 1 child; newly single.
What You Need to Know:
- Sex and Erections After No scalpel, No needle Vasectomy
- No-Scalpel Vasectomy Appointments in NYC
- Benefits of No-Scalpel Vasectomy Under Local Anesthesia
- No scalpel vasectomy: Who is a good candidate?
- Vasectomy Cost
- Vasectomy vs Condom Use
- Vasectomy vs Tubal Ligation
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your Vasectomy?
- All vasectomies are performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in performing vasectomies, not an assistant. Our vasectomy dr is one of the most experienced specialists who perform no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy in NYC.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy.
- We offer vasectomy under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of successful no-scalpel vasectomies performed under local anesthesia at the Vasectomy Center at New York Urology Specialists.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for the treatment of sexual and erection problems in men.
- We are conveniently located within a 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking vasectomy in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
What does Vasectomy Scar Look Like?
You can find pictures of circumcision as well as before and after treatment images in our image gallery.
Scheduling Appointments for Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Vasectomy With Fast Recovery at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially-trained in no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy procedure.
We also address common sexual and genital concerns in men. We understand the challenges that sexual and penile problems such as pain in the penis, cuts on the foreskin, irritation, and curvature create for our patients, their relationships, and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for penile problems including appearance concerns, foreskin problems, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Penis, Scrotal, and Foreskin Problems Including:
- The foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Scrotal hydrocele treatment
- Circumcision Revision
- Testicular implants
- Male infertility
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom medications do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained, board-certified urologist with expertise in no-scalpel vasectomy.
He also specializes in the evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern, effective, and proven treatment methods. We offer circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, penoscrotal web repair, testicular implants, inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED, and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.