Is it Safe to Have No-Scalpel Vasectomy after Previous Inguinal Hernia Repair?
Vasectomy after Inguinal Hernia.
Many men have had an inguinal hernia repair, either in childhood as a baby or during adulthood. Most men who had an inguinal hernia repair can safely undergo no-scalpel vasectomy without any additional risks.
In a small minority of men, there may be significant inflammation in the scrotum. This may occur if an inguinal hernia was large and extended to the scrotum or if there was a concomitant hydrocele which was removed.
Occasionally, a traditional vasectomy may be necessary on the side of previous inguinal hernia repair, but more than 90% of men who had an inguinal hernia repair in the past can qualify for no-scalpel vasectomy.
Men with Low Sperm Count Due to Previous Hernia Repair
Occasionally a complicated inguinal hernia repair can lead to low sperm count usually due to ligation or obstruction of vas deferens due to scarring on one side. Most of the time there is still some sperm present that may be adequate for conception. For this reason, a bilateral vasectomy would usually be advisable.
Where to Get No-Scalpel Vasectomy in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer no-scalpel vasectomy procedure for men.
We perform a no-scalpel vasectomy, vasectomy reversal, cosmetic circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty and offer treatment for phimosis, balanitis, penile irritation, and redness. We treat sexual and erection problems and offer comprehensive STD testing for infections. We offer confidential appointments. Our prices are affordable with or without insurance.
Read Real Stories of Men who Underwent Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy for a 31-year old man with 2 children.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy for a 47-year-old man with 1 child; newly single.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy and Circumcision revision in a 27-year-old
What You Need to Know:
- Benefits of No-Scalpel Vasectomy Under Local Anesthesia
- No scalpel vasectomy: Who is a good candidate?
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your Vasectomy?
- All vasectomies are performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in performing vasectomies, not an assistant. Our vasectomy dr is one of the most experienced specialists who perform no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy in NYC.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy.
- We offer vasectomy under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of successful no-scalpel vasectomies performed under local anesthesia at the Vasectomy Center at New York Urology Specialists.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for the treatment of sexual and erection problems in men.
- We are conveniently located within 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking vasectomy in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
What does Vasectomy Scar Look Like?
You can find pictures of circumcision as well as before and after treatment images in our image gallery.
Scheduling Appointments for Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Vasectomy With Fast Recovery at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially-trained in no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy procedure.
We also address common sexual and genital concerns in men. We understand the challenges that sexual and penile problems such as pain in the penis, cuts on the foreskin, irritation, and curvature create for our patients, their relationships and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for penile problems including appearance concerns, foreskin problems, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction that fits your needs, your lifestyle and your preferences.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Penis, Scrotal, and Foreskin Problems Including:
- The foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Scrotal hydrocele treatment
- Circumcision Revision
- Testicular implants
- Male infertility
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in no-scalpel vasectomy.
He also specializes in the evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, penoscrotal web repair, testicular implants, inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED, and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.
Information for out-of-state and international patients.