No-Scalpel Vasectomy after Varicocelectomy is Safe and Effective.
Vasectomy after Varicocele Repair
What is a Scrotal Varicocele?
Scrotal varicocele is an enlarged vein in the scrotum that is present in many men. While most of the time varicoceles cause no problems, occasionally they need to be repaired if they cause pain, infertility or low testosterone levels.
What is a varicocele repair?
Varicocele repair is called varicocelectomy. It is commonly performed for men with large varicoceles that may be causing pain in the scrotum or infertility. Varicocelectomy is also performed in children and teenagers when the growth of one testicle is impaired by varicocele.
Can No-scalpel Vasectomy be Performed after Varicocele Repair?
There are 3 common ways that varicocele repair is typically performed. The most common is called sub-inguinal, microscopic varicocelectomy. Another way to repair varicocele is laparoscopically through the belly button or using the Palomo approach via a small incision on the belly. Less commonly, varicocele embolization is performed.
Most of the time previous varicocelectomy does not affect the ability to perform a no-scalpel vasectomy in men. Occasionally there may be significant inflammation in the scrotum after sub-inguinal microscopic varicocelectomy and a traditional open vasectomy may need to be performed on that side. Overall, more than 80-95% of men can successfully undergo a no-scalpel vasectomy after prior varicocelectomy repair.
Can No-Scalpel Vasectomy Be Performed At The Same Time As Varicocelectomy?
For men who have scrotal varicoceles requiring treatment with microscopic varicocelectomy and who wish to have a no-scalpel vasectomy, both procedures can be performed simultaneously in one sitting. Depending on the particular situation, whether varicocelectomy is bilateral and whether there is a chance of a need for vasectomy reversal they can be performed through the same or different incisions.
Where to Get No-Scalpel Vasectomy in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer no-scalpel vasectomy procedure for men.
We perform a no-scalpel vasectomy, vasectomy reversal, cosmetic circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, and offer treatment for phimosis, balanitis, penile irritation, and redness. We treat sexual and erection problems and offer comprehensive STD testing for infections. We offer confidential appointments. Our prices are affordable with or without insurance.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy for a 47-year-old man with 1 child; newly single.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy and Cosmetic circumcision for a 32-year old with 2 children
Read RealStories: Vasectomy and left hydrocelectomy for a 44-year-old man.
What You Need to Know:
- Sex and Erections After No scalpel, No needle Vasectomy
- Benefits of No-Scalpel Vasectomy Under Local Anesthesia
- No scalpel vasectomy: Who is a good candidate?
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your Vasectomy?
- All vasectomies are performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in performing vasectomies, not an assistant. Our vasectomy dr is one of the most experienced specialists who perform no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy in NYC.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy.
- We offer vasectomy under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of successful no-scalpel vasectomies performed under local anesthesia at the Vasectomy Center at New York Urology Specialists.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for the treatment of sexual and erection problems in men.
- We are conveniently located within 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking vasectomy in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
What does Vasectomy Scar Look Like?
You can find pictures of circumcision as well as before and after treatment images in our image gallery.
Scheduling Appointments for Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Vasectomy With Fast Recovery at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially-trained in no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy procedure.
We also address common sexual and genital concerns in men. We understand the challenges that sexual and penile problems such as pain in the penis, cuts on the foreskin, irritation, and curvature create for our patients, their relationships and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for penile problems including appearance concerns, foreskin problems, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Penis, Scrotal, and Foreskin Problems Including:
- The foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Scrotal hydrocele treatment
- Circumcision Revision
- Testicular implants
- Male infertility
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in no-scalpel vasectomy.
He also specializes in the evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, penoscrotal web repair, testicular implants, inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED, and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.