Top Vasectomy Myths You Should Know
Top 5 Vasectomy Myths
Vasectomy causes erectile dysfunction.
There is no evidence that vasectomy causes difficulties with erections. There is no biological mechanism by which vasectomy can lead to erectile dysfunction.
Vasectomy decreases sexual interest.
There is no evidence that vasectomy has any effect on sexual interest in men. In fact, many men find himself worrying less about contraception and having more sexual interest.
Vasectomy lowers testosterone levels.
There are no studies that show that vasectomy can cause low testosterone levels. The only exception is if a vasectomy is complicated by injury to the testicular artery which is a rare complication.
Vasectomy causes prostate cancer.
There are studies that have been published over the past 20 years that claim that vasectomy increases the risk of prostate cancer. The most recent study shows a 10% increased risk after statistical adjustments. There are as many studies that have been published that show no increase in the risk of prostate cancer after vasectomy. There is no biological explanation of how vasectomy can lead to an increased risk of prostate cancer. Most likely there is no increase in the risk of prostate cancer and the studies that show increased risk are capturing statistical ‘flutter”
Vasectomy affects sexual orgasm
There have been no studies that reported orgasm problems after vasectomy.
Where to Get No-Scalpel Vasectomy in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer no-scalpel vasectomy procedure for men.
We perform a no-scalpel vasectomy, vasectomy reversal, cosmetic circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, and offer treatment for phimosis, balanitis, penile irritation, and redness. We treat sexual and erection problems and offer comprehensive STD testing for infections. We offer confidential appointments. Our prices are affordable with or without insurance.
Read RealStories: No-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy for a 31-year old man with 2 children.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy for a 47-year-old man with 1 child; newly single.
Read RealStories: Vasectomy and Circumcision revision in a 27-year-old
What You Need to Know:
- Sex and Erections After Vasectomy
- No-Scalpel Vasectomy Appointments in NYC
- Vasectomy vs Tubal Ligation
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for your Vasectomy?
- All vasectomies are performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in performing vasectomies, not an assistant. Our vasectomy dr is one of the most experienced specialists who perform no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy in NYC.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer no-needle, no-scalpel vasectomy.
- We offer vasectomy under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of successful no-scalpel vasectomies performed under local anesthesia at the Vasectomy Center at New York Urology Specialists.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for the treatment of sexual and erection problems in men.
- We are conveniently located within 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking vasectomy in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
What does Vasectomy Scar Look Like?
You can find pictures of circumcision as well as before and after treatment images in our image gallery.
Scheduling Appointments for Vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists
Vasectomy With Fast Recovery at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially-trained in no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy procedure.
We also address common sexual and genital concerns in men. We understand the challenges that sexual and penile problems such as pain in the penis, cuts on the foreskin, irritation, and curvature create for our patients, their relationships, and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for penile problems including appearance concerns, foreskin problems, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Penis, Scrotal, and Foreskin Problems Including:
- The foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Scrotal hydrocele treatment
- Circumcision Revision
- Testicular implants
- Male infertility
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in no-scalpel vasectomy.
He also specializes in the evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, penoscrotal web repair, testicular implants, inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED, and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.