Vasectomy Procedure for Men with No Children
We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.
No Children: No-Scalpel Vasectomy for Men Who do Not Desire Children.
We are occasionally contacted by men of various ages who do not have children and do not wish to have children.
We respect everyone’s decision and preferences in life.
Our goal is to make sure that all our patients make an informed and rational decision about their reproductive and contraception choices.
As per New York State law, there is a 30 day waiting period after initial consultation before vasectomy is performed.
During the initial consultation, contraception options will be discussed in detail. Any questions the patient may have will be answered. If a patient wants to proceed with a vasectomy, he will sign consent for a vasectomy at the end of the consultation.
Men with no children and who do not want to have children can get a no-scalpel vasectomy at New York Urology Specialists as long as:
- They have a rational state of mind. The reason for vasectomy is based on a full understanding of the risks, benefits, and alternatives to the vasectomy procedure.
- We reserve the right to refuse vasectomy to men with obvious acute mental illness. When the state of mind is not clear, vasectomy will be refused unless the patient provides a psychiatrist determination that they are making a rational decision.
- At least 21 years old.
What You Need to Know:
- No Scalpel Vasectomy Clinic in NYC – Referring Physicians
- Vasectomy Cost
- Vasectomy in Infertile and Sub-fertile men with low sperm counts
- Vasectomy Risks and Side Effects
Learn More About:
- No scalpel vasectomy: Who is a good candidate?
- Office vs Hospital Vasectomy
- Orgasm and Sex Drive after Vasectomy: What You Should Know.
- Pregnancy After Vasectomy: Practical Treatment Options
- Recovery After Vasectomy
- Vasectomy vs Condom Use
This post is also available in: Spanish