Loss of Penile Length Due to Peyronie’s and Other Causes of Penile Length Loss
We offer affordable prices with or without insurance. We speak Spanish and Russian languages.
Peyronie’s Disease is One of the Most Common Causes of Penile Shortening in Men
Peyronie’s disease often leads to loss of penis length. It is one of the more common complaints from men affected by Peyronie’s disease that ‘the penis is shorter than before‘.
Occasionally, loss of penile length may be the first symptom of Peyronie’s disease. In some men, loss of penis length is the only manifestation of Peyronie’s disease, especially in men with pre-existing erectile dysfunction.
What are the Causes of Penile Shortening in Men with Peyronie’s Disease?
Scar formation in the penis leads to loss of elasticity and stretchability of the penis. In addition, scar formation pulls on the tissue and shortens it during the process called ‘scar contraction‘.
It is also important to know that obesity can make the penis appear shorter than it is (buried penis). With age, tissues become less elastic and the penis may become shorter in particular in men with erectile dysfunction who are not getting full erections regularly.
Many men experience penile shortening after prostate surgery for prostate cancer.
What are the Treatment Options for Loss of Penis Length Caused by Peyronie’s?
Treatment is aimed at getting Peyronie’s under control. Traction devices for Peyronie’s disease are effective in regaining some length and in preventing further loss of penile length. Penile traction therapy needs to be used for prolonged periods, depending on the device it needs to be used 1-8 hours a day for >6 months to attain a benefit. Treatment of erectile dysfunction may also be beneficial.
Correction of penile curvature may also restore some of the functional length of the penis.
Penile Traction Therapy: First-Line Treatment for Penile Length Loss
Penile traction therapy has been shown to help men regain 1/2-1 inch of penile length. It is important to know that penile traction therapy takes many months to work and requires prolonged use daily.
Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction: Maintenance of Erections is Important for Maintaining Penile Length
In men with poor erection quality, the treatment of erectile dysfunction is important in order to maintain penile length. Treatment may include medications such as Viagra or Cialis, VED (vacuum erection device), or penile injections.
A penile implant is an effective treatment option for men with severe ED and Peyronie’s disease.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Peyronie’s Disease?
- All treatment is performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of Peyronie’s disease including penile curvature, narrowing of the penis, shortening of the penis, pain in the penis, and ED.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of Peyronie’s disease, sexual and erection problems in men.
- We offer diagnostic testing in our office which avoids hospital costs.
- Extensive Experience: Thousands of men have treated successfully using medical therapy (Xiaflex, Verapamil injections, Interferon), shockwave therapy for penile pain, penile plication, plaque excision and grafting, and penile implant surgery.
- Confidential and Understanding Care. We understand that most of our patients desire privacy. We see patients with a variety of urological problems. Your reason for visiting us is entirely confidential.
Scheduling Appointments for Peyronie’s Treatment at New York Urology Specialists
We have excellent reviews from patients and their partners.
Peyronies Disease and ED Are Treatable in Nearly Every Man
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction. We understand the challenges that Peyronie’s disease and ED create for our patients, their relationships and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for Peyronie’s disease that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
Urologists are doctors specializing in the treatment of men with sexual problems including Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction. By the virtue of our experience and skill, we are able to offer an effective treatment option for nearly every man who desires an effective treatment for ED. We offer medical and surgical treatment for Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex ED Problems Including:
- Hourglass narrowing of the penis
- Shortening of the penis and loss of penile length
- Penis curvature with worsening erections
- Peyronies disease in men with diabetes and weak erections in men with diabetes.
- Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction in men with prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy
- Erectile dysfunction in men with Peyronie’s disease
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend, and evening office hours.