Pain in the Penis in Men with Peyronie’s Disease: Treatment in NYC
We offer affordable prices with or without insurance. We speak Spanish and Russian languages.
Penile Pain is a Common Symptom in Men with Peyronie’s Disease Especially During Early Stages of Disease.
Pain in the penis caused by Peyronie’s disease may be challenging to treat. A number of treatment options are available. Medications such as Potaba, pentoxifylline, as well as intralesional injection of verapamil, have been shown to be beneficial in men with penile pain.
Pain caused by Peyronie’s disease typically occurs when the penis is erect or during sex. The pain usually goes away as soon as the erection is lost.
In some men, pain may be the first and only symptom of Peyronie’s disease. In other men, penile pain with erections may be accompanied by penile curvature or penile plaque. In other men, penile curvature may become noticeable after the appearance of penile pain.
Medications such as Cialis and Viagra may also be helpful.
Penile traction devices appear to also help with the resolution of penile pain and may be beneficial when combined with manual penile remodeling.
Studies show that low-energy shockwave therapy can also help with the resolution of pain associated with Peyronie’s disease but does not help with curvature. Shockwave therapy is available at New York Urology Specialists.
Best Options for Treatment of Penile Pain from Peyronie’s
Medications such as Cialis and Viagra have also been shown to be beneficial in men who experienced penile pain and have Peyronie’s disease as well as erectile dysfunction. At New York Urology Specialists, we have found these medications to be very effective for many men.
Potaba (Potassium para-aminobenzoate) can also be used for the treatment of penile pain. Shockwave therapy of the penis can also be used to treat penile pain caused by Peyronie’s disease.
Specific treatment for Peyronie’s disease alleviates penile pain as it helps with a resolution of the underlying process. Our patients often feel improvement or resolution of penile pain symptoms within a few weeks to 2 months after initiation of therapy.
Pain in the penis should not be ignored. Pain is an early sign of Peyronie’s disease. Early treatment of Peyronie’s disease can prevent it from getting more severe and can prevent such unpleasant side effects as penile shortening from Peyronie’s disease.
What Else Can Cause Pain in the Penis?
Peyronie’s disease is one of many causes of pain in the penis. Other conditions that may cause pain in the penis are:
- Penile fracture
- Penile hematoma
- Frenulum breve
- Enlarged prostate
- Voiding dysfunction (urinary problems)
Treatment of pain in the penis caused by other problems is individualized for each patient.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Peyronie’s Disease?
- All treatment is performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of Peyronie’s disease including penile curvature, narrowing of the penis, shortening of the penis, pain in the penis, and ED.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of Peyronie’s disease, sexual and erection problems in men.
- We offer diagnostic testing in our office which avoids hospital costs.
- Extensive Experience: Thousands of men have treated successfully using medical therapy (Xiaflex, Verapamil injections, Interferon), shockwave therapy for penile pain, penile plication, plaque excision and grafting, and penile implant surgery.
- Confidential and Understanding Care. We understand that most of our patients desire privacy. We see patients with a variety of urological problems. Your reason for visiting us is entirely confidential.
Scheduling Appointments for Peyronie’s Treatment at New York Urology Specialists
We have excellent reviews from patients and their partners.
Peyronies Disease and ED Are Treatable in Nearly Every Man
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction. We understand the challenges that Peyronie’s disease and ED create for our patients, their relationships and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for Peyronie’s disease that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
Urologists are doctors specializing in the treatment of men with sexual problems including Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction. By the virtue of our experience and skill, we are able to offer an effective treatment option for nearly every man who desires an effective treatment for ED. We offer medical and surgical treatment for Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex ED Problems Including:
- Hourglass narrowing of the penis
- Shortening of the penis and loss of penile length
- Penis curvature with worsening erections
- Peyronies disease in men with diabetes and weak erections in men with diabetes.
- Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction in men with prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy
- Erectile dysfunction in men with Peyronie’s disease
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend, and evening office hours.