Penile Implant is an Effective Treatment Option for Treatment of Men with Peyronie’s Disease Associated with Erectile Dysfunction.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a board-certified urologist in NYC who specializes in treating men with Peyronie’s disease. He is an experienced penile implant surgeon.
Penile Implant for Men with Peyronie’s Disease
Men with penile curvature caused by Peyronie’s disease often have other associated sexual problems which include pain, penile narrowing, and shortening.
For men with severe erection problems (erection not hard enough for intercourse) that are not effectively treated with medications such as Viagra or Cialis and penile curvature caused by Peyronie’s, penile implant offers an effective treatment for both ED and Peyronie’s in one procedure.
Men with moderate-to-severe ‘hourglass’ narrowing of the penis and less than optimal erections may also be good candidates for penile implant surgery for treatment of Peyronie’s disease associated with ED.
Who is a Good Candidate for Penile Implant
Men with stable Peyronie’s disease (no significant worsening over the past 6 months) who have associated erectile dysfunction (ED) are good candidates for treatment with a penile implant in particular if injection therapy did not work and erections do not respond to therapy with oral medications such as Viagra/Cialis/Levitra.
Men with severe ED (poor response to Cialis/Viagra or Trimix) who develop Peyronie’s disease can proceed with penile implant a significant waiting period after a few months of observation.
Men who have side effects to medications such as Viagra/Cialis and do not wish to use other treatment options such as VED (Vacuum erection devices) or penile injections (Trimix/Bimix/alprostadil) are also good candidates for a penile implant.
How Penile Implant for Peyronie’s differs from Penile Implant for ED?
For men with Peyronie’s disease, often additional treatments are performed during penile prosthesis surgery to straighten the penis. This may involve penile modeling, penile plication, incision/excision/grafting of penile plaque.
For men with Peyronie’s, typically a more rigid and fixed penile implant is used. For men without Peyronie’s disease, more options are available when it comes to choosing a penile implant.
Learn more about penile prosthesis (implant) surgery.
Other Treatment Options for Peyronie’s Disease:
- Oral therapy
- Intra-lesional plaque injections (verapamil, interferon)
- Penile plication (16 dot plication or Nesbit plication)
- Plaque incision/excision with grafting
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Peyronie’s Disease?
- All treatment is performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of Peyronie’s disease including penile curvature, narrowing of the penis, shortening of the penis, pain in the penis, and ED.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of Peyronie’s disease, sexual and erection problems in men.
- We offer diagnostic testing in our office which avoids hospital costs.
- Extensive Experience: Thousands of men have treated successfully using medical therapy (Xiaflex, Verapamil injections, Interferon), shockwave therapy for penile pain, penile plication, plaque excision and grafting, and penile implant surgery.
- Confidential and Understanding Care. We understand that most of our patients desire privacy. We see patients with a variety of urological problems. Your reason for visiting us is entirely confidential.
Scheduling Appointments for Peyronie’s Treatment at New York Urology Specialists
We have excellent reviews from patients and their partners.
Peyronies Disease and ED Are Treatable in Nearly Every Man
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction. We understand the challenges that Peyronie’s disease and ED create for our patients, their relationships and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for Peyronie’s disease that fits your needs, your lifestyle and your preferences.
Urologists are doctors specializing in the treatment of men with sexual problems including Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction. By the virtue of our experience and skill, we are able to offer an effective treatment option for nearly every man who desires an effective treatment for ED. We offer medical and surgical treatment for Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex ED Problems Including:
- Hourglass narrowing of the penis
- Shortening of the penis and loss of penile length
- Penis curvature with worsening erections
- Peyronies disease in men with diabetes and weak erections in men with diabetes.
- Peyronie’s disease and erectile dysfunction in men with prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy
- Erectile dysfunction in men with Peyronie’s disease
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.