Insurance Coverage for Aquablation with AquaBeam for Treatment of Urinary Retention in Men
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance. We speak Spanish and Russian languages.
Does Health Insurance Cover the Costs of Prostate Aquablation?
Currently, no insurance covers the costs of Aquablation therapy for enlarged prostate in the United States. AquaBeam Aquablation therapy is not currently approved by FDA for commercial treatment of patients in the United States.
We expect insurances to start covering Aquablation therapy for BPH in a few years, likely in 2021-2022.
Insurance Requirements for Coverage of Aquablation Therapy
Once FDA approved, it usually takes a few years for insurance companies to start covering Aquablation therapy.
It is likely that insurance companies such as Cigna, Aetna, United Healthcare, BCBS plans such as Anthem Blue Cross, Empire BlueCross, GHI, EmblemHealth, and others will start coverage of Aquablation after Medicare approval of Aquablation therapy. Usually, there is 1-2 year lag time between Medicare coverage and commercial coverage for procedures for enlarged prostate and urinary retention.
How Soon Can I Get Aquablation?
Aquablation is currently in trials. It is likely that Aquablation will become available in the United States in 2020-2021.
At New York Urology Specialists, we plan to offer patients Aquablation once it is FDA approved for treatment in the United States.
For patients, who have symptoms of BPH, we advise scheduling an appointment with us to discuss other very effective treatment options for enlarged prostate and urine retention such as Urolift for BPH, Rezum procedure, and laser enucleation of the prostate.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Urinary Retention Caused by Enlarged Prostate?
- All treatment is performed by a Board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of BPH using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of BPH.
- We offer BPH treatment options under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of men treated successfully using medical therapy, Urolift, lasers for BPH (Holmium, Thulium, Evolve, Greenlight lasers), Bipolar TURP, traditional TURP, open suprapubic prostatectomy, robotic suprapubic prostatectomy for BPH.
- We treat men with BPH who have heart problems (hypertension, CAD, CHF), renal failure (ESRD) on hemodialysis, men on blood thinners such as aspirin, Lovenox, Coumadin (Warfarin), apixaban, rivaroxaban (Xarelto).
When it comes to experience and innovation – New York Urology Specialists are a step ahead. Better Science Means Better Care. We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of enlarged prostate and BPH. Many treatment procedures are performed in the convenience and privacy of office settings under local anesthesia.
Medicare and major insurances accepted. We offer affordable rates and financing options.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men. He uses modern effective and proven treatment methods including prostate enucleation and Urolift for BPH. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area.
He has successfully performed hundreds of prostate procedures in adults. Urolift procedures are performed in the office under local anesthesia, in a surgical center and affiliated hospitals under anesthesia.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend, and evening office hours.