Patient Selection for Urolift Procedure
Advantages of Urolift Procedure
One of the most attractive features of the Urolift System for treating enlarged prostate is that both younger and healthy men, as well as very old and very sick men, can be treated with similar good results.
It is important to recognize that success of the Urolift procedure depends on patient selection for this procedure, in other words, the procedure is more likely to work if it is offered to the ‘right’ patient.
Who is a good candidate for Urolift:
- Men with mild to moderate symptoms of BPH for whom medications do not work
- Men with mild to moderate symptoms of BPH who do not wish to take daily medications
- Men with moderate or severe symptoms of BPH who are too ill to undergo other treatments
- Men with symptoms of BPH caused by lateral lobes of the prostate with mild or no median lobe enlargement.
- Men with normal renal function.
- Men with mild to moderate post-void residual < 200 ml
This is not an exclusive list. Based on studies and experience we know that Urolift works well for men with symptoms and characteristics listed above. Urolift may be beneficial to some men with a variety of other symptoms and characteristics but its use has not been well studied in situations such as urinary retention or high post-void residual or in a situation where men have prostate cancer affecting their urination.
Where to Get Urolift Procedure in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer same-day treatment for men.
We perform a cystoscopy, urodynamic testing, prostate, and bladder ultrasound in our office. We offer Urolift procedure, Rezum water-vapor procedure in our office and laser enucleation of the prostate in a hospital setting. We treat urinary and erection problems. We offer confidential appointments. We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate Problems?
- All treatment is performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of frequent urination, urinary urgency, urinary incontinence and bladder pain using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers, and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate in men
- We offer treatment options for enlarged prostate, overactive bladder, UTI and urinary incontinence in our office which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia.
- Extensive experience: Thousands of men have treated successfully using medical therapy, surgery, and minimally invasive procedures such as Urolift procedure, Rezum surgery, Botox for overactive bladder, Interstim for frequent urination and tibial neuromodulation.
- We offer diagnostic testing in our office which avoids hospital costs.
- Confidential and Understanding Care. We understand that most of our patients desire privacy. We see patients with a variety of urological problems. Your reason for visiting us is entirely confidential.
- We are conveniently located within 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking ED treatment in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
Scheduling Appointments for Enlarged Prostate Treatment at New York Urology Specialists
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance. We offer weekday, weekend, and evening office hours.
Urinary Problems Are Treatable in Nearly Every Man and Woman
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of urinary problems caused by enlarged prostate and BPH in men. We understand the challenges that urinary problems such as a slow stream, waking up at night, pain in the penis and perineum create for our patients, their relationships and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for your urinary problems that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
Urologists are doctors specializing in the treatment of men with symptoms caused by prostate enlargement including frequent urination, poor urine flow, frequent UTI, blood in urine, urinary incontinence, urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate, prior surgery, neuropathy, chemotherapy, and radiation. By the virtue of our experience and skill, we are able to offer an effective treatment option for nearly every man and woman who desire an effective treatment for their urinary problems. We offer medical and surgical treatment for men’s prostate problems.
We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of bladder pain, urethral burning, pelvic discomfort, incomplete bladder emptying, urinary frequency, and urgency.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Men’s Health Problems Including:
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Burning during urination
- Premature Ejaculation
- Frequent urination
- Urinary retention
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in the evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods including Botox for OAB, Interstim neuromodulation, Rezum for BPH, prostate enucleation for enlarged prostate, and Urolift procedure.
He has successfully treated hundreds of men with BPH with symptoms of frequent urination during the day and excessive urination at night.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance.