Prostate Enucleation Procedure for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate, Slow urine Stream and Urinary Retention in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
by Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger, a board-certified urologist, and specialist in the treatment of enlarged prostate and complex urinary problems using minimally invasive approaches. He is one of the first urologists in the US and NYC to offer Urolift as a treatment for enlarged prostate.
Why Laser Enucleation of Prostate for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate?
Prostate enucleation for treatment of enlarged prostate offers a number of advantages for patients with symptoms of BPH. Advantages of prostate enucleation become particularly recognizable for men with very large prostate, and especially those who are unable to urinate and suffer from urinary retention or do not empty their bladder completely and have a high post-void residual volume of urine.
Prostate enucleation allows the surgeon to remove a very large amount of prostate tissue that blocks the urine flow without making large skin incisions. In fact, studies show that laser enucleation of the prostate can achieve similar results as traditional open prostate surgery for treatment of enlarged prostate caused by BPH.
An additional benefit of prostate enucleation is that the tissue is removed for a pathologist to look at it under a microscope. About 10% of men with enlarged prostate also harbor prostate cancer. While usually, these cancers are not very advanced, occasionally dangerous cancer can be diagnosed from tissue obtained through prostate enucleation. This is a major advantage of prostate enucleation over prostate ablation. It is particularly of value to younger men and men with long life expectancy who have a large prostate, elevated PSA and who might have had a negative prostate biopsy in the past.
Types of Prostate Enucleation Procedures that We Perform:
Holmium Laser Prostate Enucleation (HoLEP)
Greenlight Laser Prostate Enucleation (HoLEP)
Thulium laser enucleation of the prostate (ThuLEP)
Insurance Coverage for Laser Prostate Enucleation procedure
At New York Urology Specialists we work with many insurances to get patient pre-qualified for Urolift:
- Medicare coverage for Prostate Enucleation
- Prostate Enucleation for BPH coverage by Cigna
- AETNA Coverage for Prostate Enucleation Surgery
- United Healthcare Laser Prostate Enucleation Coverage
- Oxford Health Plan HoLEP, THuLEP, and Laser Enucleation Coverage
- 1199 Insurance Coverage for Prostate Enucleation surgery for Enlarged Prostate
- Empire Blue Cross Prostate Enucleation Coverage
- CIGNA Coverage for BPH Treatment with Prostate Enucleation
New York Urology Specialists works with many insurance companies nationwide to obtain insurance coverage for patients who desire Urolift Procedure for BPH.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate (BPH) with Prostate Enucleation?
- All treatment is performed by a Board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of BPH using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of BPH.
- We offer BPH treatment options under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of men treated successfully using medical therapy, Urolift, lasers for BPH (Holmium, Thulium, Evolve, Greenlight lasers), Bipolar TURP, traditional TURP, open suprapubic prostatectomy, robotic suprapubic prostatectomy for BPH.
- We treat men with BPH who have heart problems (hypertension, CAD, CHF), renal failure (ESRD) on hemodialysis, men on blood thinners such as aspirin, Lovenox, Coumadin (Warfarin), apixaban, rivaroxaban (Xarelto).
When it comes to experience and innovation – New York Urology Specialists are a step ahead. Better Science Means Better Care. We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of enlarged prostate and BPH. Many treatment procedures are performed in the convenience and privacy of office settings under local anesthesia.
Medicare and major insurances accepted. We offer affordable rates and financing options.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men. He uses modern effective and proven treatment methods including Urolift for BPH. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area.
He has successfully performed hundreds of prostate procedures in adults. Urolift procedures are performed in the office under local anesthesia, in a surgical center and affiliated hospitals under anesthesia.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.