Insurance Coverage for Laser Enucleation of Prostate with Holmium, Greenlight and Thulium Lasers for Treatment of Urinary Problems Caused by Enlarged Prostate in NYC
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance. We speak Spanish and Russian languages.
What Insurances Cover the Cost of Laser Prostate Enucleation at New York Urology Specialists?
All insurances cover the cost of laser enucleation of the prostate as long as the patient has a medical need for treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate. Insurances cover all costs involved in laser enucleation of the prostate including hospital surgical center cost, anesthesia costs, and equipment costs.
In some situations, if a patient refers to a particular laser that may not be available at the facility where the surgery was performed, additional charges for use of that specific laser may be incurred.
At New York Urology Specialists, we have access to multiple lasers including Pro-Touch laser, Holmium, Greenlight, and Thulium Lasers. Most of the time there is no additional charge for laser use to the patient.
Does Medicare Cover the Cost of Prostate Enucleation?
Medicare covers the cost of prostate enucleation as well as hospital, anesthesia and equipment costs. Traditional Medicare plans do not require a referral to see us and do not require pre-authorization to have laser enucleation of the prostate.
Insurances That We Commonly Work with for Patients with Laser Enucleation of Prostate
Commercial insurances require pre-authorization for surgery which can take up to a few weeks. Insurances virtually never deny authorization for laser enucleation of the prostate.
- United Healthcare
- EmpirePlan by United Healthcare
- Empire BCBS
What Other Treatments are Covered by Insurance for Treatment of BPH and Enlarged Prostate Symptoms?
Many other treatments for an enlarged prostate are covered by insurance complaints. Typically insurance plans cover the cost of medications for large prostate such as Flomax, Uroxatral, Rapaflo, Proscar or finasteride, and Avodart.
Urolift implant procedure and Rezum procedure have good coverage by most insurances. All insurances cover the cost of bipolar TURP procedure, Greenlight laser ablation of the prostate, and Holmium laser ablation of the prostate (HoLAP).
Currently, insurances do not cover procedures such as prostatic artery embolization, iTind, and Aquablation, as they have not been FDA, approved for BPH treatment.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Urinary Retention Caused by Enlarged Prostate?
- All treatment is performed by a Board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of BPH using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of BPH.
- We offer BPH treatment options under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of men treated successfully using medical therapy, Urolift, lasers for BPH (Holmium, Thulium, Evolve, Greenlight lasers), Bipolar TURP, traditional TURP, open suprapubic prostatectomy, robotic suprapubic prostatectomy for BPH.
- We treat men with BPH who have heart problems (hypertension, CAD, CHF), renal failure (ESRD) on hemodialysis, men on blood thinners such as aspirin, Lovenox, Coumadin (Warfarin), apixaban, rivaroxaban (Xarelto).
When it comes to experience and innovation – New York Urology Specialists are a step ahead. Better Science Means Better Care. We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of enlarged prostate and BPH. Many treatment procedures are performed in the convenience and privacy of office settings under local anesthesia.
Medicare and major insurances accepted. We offer affordable rates and financing options.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men. He uses modern effective and proven treatment methods including prostate enucleation and Urolift for BPH. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area.
He has successfully performed hundreds of prostate procedures in adults. Urolift procedures are performed in the office under local anesthesia, in a surgical center and affiliated hospitals under anesthesia.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend, and evening office hours.