Vasectomy and Circumcision in 1 day at NEW YORK UROLOGY SPECIALISTS
One Day – Two Procedures: Vasectomy and Circumcision in NYC
Some men want to have both vasectomy and circumcision. We have been asked “Can I have both vasectomy and circumcision at the same time? “
At New York Urology Specialists, the answer is “YES”.
We are pleased to be able to offer the option of having vasectomy and circumcision together during one procedure. This approach saves time that is necessary to recover from 2 procedures and compresses recovery time equivalent to that of one procedure.
We can also perform circumcision revision along with vasectomy for men desiring circumcision revision.
Is the Recovery Longer to Have Circumcision and Vasectomy at the Same Time?
The recovery time is not affected by having 2 procedures at the same time. Most men who do office work, are able to return to work within 1-2 days after vasectomy, circumcision or a combined procedure when the procedure is performed at New York Urology Specialists. Our approach to pain management minimizes pain and discomfort.
Will I Have More Pain if I Have Vasectomy and Circumcision Together Then if I Have Them Separately?
If performed under local anesthesia, most men have minimal pain with most patients rating pain with a score of 2-3 out of 10 during the combined procedure (1 being no pain; 10 being ‘worst pain of your life’). Most men have less pain as the recovery period is shortened by superimposing two procedures together as compared to having two recovery periods if the procedures were to be performed on separate occasions.
What Kind of Vasectomy Procedure Do You Perform?
At New York Urology Specialists, Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger performs no scalpel, no needle vasectomy for >95% of patients; rarely do patients require a traditional procedure in our experience. More than 90% of no-scalpel vasectomies are performed through a single incision, thus minimizing pain.
Do I Save Money by Having 2 Procedures Together?
Normally, two consultations are required if the procedures are performed on separate occasions. By having both procedures together, we are able to address and discuss both procedures during the initial consultation thus saving you the cost of an extra visit.
What is the Procedure? How do I Schedule Vasectomy and Circumcision Together?
An initial consultation is required to discuss the procedures in detail and to answer any questions. The combined procedure, circumcision, and vasectomy is scheduled for 1 month or longer after the initial consultation. In New York City, a 1 month waiting period is required by law before performing a vasectomy. As a result, the combined procedure can be scheduled at least 30 days after the initial consultation. A combined procedure cannot be performed on the same day as initial consultation due to laws in New York City that require a 30-day waiting period for a vasectomy.
What You Need to Know:
- Adult Circumcision – Experienced Urologist in NYC
- Circumcision in Diabetic Men in NYC
- Cosmetic Circumcision in New York City
- Frenuloplasty (Frenulectomy) of the Penis for Treatment of Short Frenulum
Learn More About:
- Frenuloplasty of the Penis (Frenulectomy)
- Paraphimosis of the Penis: Foreskin that Cannot Be Pulled Back
- Phimosis and Paraphimosis: Circumcision Specialists in NYC
- Gallery: Vitiligo of the Penis Pictures – Before and After Treatment
- What are the Benefits of Circumcision – New York Urology Specialists
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Circumcision and Treatment of Penile Problems?
- All treatment is performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in cosmetic circumcision, circumcision revision, and penile frenuloplasty. We treat men with phimosis, balanitis, BXO, penile skin bridges and other penile problems such as symptoms of pain, irritation, and cuts on the penis, foreskin problems, and genital warts.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of sexual and erection problems in men.
- We offer diagnostic testing in our office which avoids hospital costs.
- Extensive Experience: Thousands of men have treated successfully using medical therapy, surgery including circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, ShangRing Circumcision, as well as complex penile surgery including penile plication for Peyronie’s disease, and penile implant surgery for ED. We perform over 100 adult circumcisions each year. There are very few board-certified urologists who perform as many.
- Safety – We are one of the very few practices that offer circumcision under local anesthesia with same-day consultation and circumcision option. The safety of local anesthesia is unparalleled.
- Confidential and Understanding Care. We understand that most of our patients desire privacy. We see patients with a variety of urological problems. Your reason for visiting us is entirely confidential.
Scheduling Appointments for Circumcision at New York Urology Specialists
We have excellent reviews from patients and their partners.
Circumcision With Fast Recovery at New York Urology Specialists
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of sexual problems in men. We understand the challenges that penile problems such as pain in the penis, cuts on the foreskin, irritation, and curvature create for our patients, their relationships and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for penile problems including appearance concerns, foreskin problems, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction that fits your needs, your lifestyle and your preferences.
Urologists are doctors specializing in the treatment of men with sexual problems that include penis problems, scrotal problems, and erectile dysfunction. By the virtue of our experience and skill, we are able to offer an effective treatment option for nearly every man who desires an effective treatment for any problem that affects the penis. We offer medical and surgical treatment for men’s sexual problems.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Penis and Foreskin Problems Including:
- The foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Turtle-neck penis “peno-scrotal web“
- Penile skin adhesions
- Circumcision Revision
- Penile Skin Bridges
- ShangRing Circumcision
- Phimosis Treatment
- Frenulum Breve Treatment in Men
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
- Loose circumcision vs tight circumcision
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of sexual and erection problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods. We offer circumcision, circumcision revision, penile frenuloplasty, penoscrotal web repair, testicular implants, inflatable penile implant, shockwave therapy for ED, and treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.