Prostate Enucleation Procedure for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate at New York Urology Specialists: Patient Experiences, Reviews, and Testimonials
by Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger, a board-certified urologist and specialist in the treatment of enlarged prostate and complex urinary problems using minimally invasive approaches. He is one of the first urologists in the US and NYC to offer Urolift as a treatment for enlarged prostate.
What You Need to Know:
Patient satisfaction rate is very high after prostate enucleation of the prostate. Most patients are able to pee spontaneously after catheter removal with much-improved stream.
Bothersome symptoms that existed prior to laser enucleation of prostate typically resolve within 1-2 months after the procedure.
What can Patients Typically Expect after Laser Enucleation of Prostate Surgical Procedure?
70% of patients go home the same day after the procedure if the procedure is done in the morning. Most other patients go home the next day. If the procedure is done in the afternoon/evening, most patients end up staying overnight in the hospital. The catheter is typically removed within 1-5 days after the procedure. You can expect to be able to urinate spontaneously with good urine stream once the catheter is removed.
What Do Our Patients say after Prostate Enucleation of Prostate?
Most patients who undergo laser enucleation of the prostate at New York Urology Specialists are very satisfied. Most have very large prostate, high post-void residual and significantly bothered by their symptoms before surgery.
At 3 months after prostate enucleation of the prostate, most patients remain highly satisfied. The most common regret is that they did not have the procedure done sooner as the quality of life improvement after surgery is typically dramatic. Patients experience better stream, less frequent urination, less urgency, less nighttime urination and those who had urinary incontinence pre-procedure typically have it resolved by 3 months. Men who had urinary retention are likewise highly satisfied that they are able to urinate without a catheter.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate (BPH) with Prostate Enucleation?
- All treatment is performed by a Board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of BPH using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of BPH.
- We offer BPH treatment options under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of men treated successfully using medical therapy, Urolift, lasers for BPH (Holmium, Thulium, Evolve, Greenlight lasers), Bipolar TURP, traditional TURP, open suprapubic prostatectomy, robotic suprapubic prostatectomy for BPH.
- We treat men with BPH who have heart problems (hypertension, CAD, CHF), renal failure (ESRD) on hemodialysis, men on blood thinners such as aspirin, Lovenox, Coumadin (Warfarin), apixaban, rivaroxaban (Xarelto).
When it comes to experience and innovation – New York Urology Specialists are a step ahead. Better Science Means Better Care. We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of enlarged prostate and BPH. Many treatment procedures are performed in the convenience and privacy of office settings under local anesthesia.
Medicare and major insurances accepted. We offer affordable rates and financing options.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men. He uses modern effective and proven treatment methods including Urolift for BPH. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area.
He has successfully performed hundreds of prostate procedures in adults. Urolift procedures are performed in the office under local anesthesia, in a surgical center and affiliated hospitals under anesthesia.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.