Erection Dysfunction Specialists in NYC: Experienced Urologist – ED Doctor
How to Choose Doctor for Treatment of Your Erection Problems
Many doctors, physician assistants, and physician extenders treat erectile dysfunction.
There is only a small number of urologists who specialize in the treatment of erectile dysfunction and who can offer all available treatment options to their patients. These can include medical treatment or surgical treatment with a penile implant. Over 1,000 new articles on erectile dysfunction in men are published each year. It is important that your doctor stays on top of what’s new in the treatment of ED.
At New York Urology Specialists, we have helped thousands of men of all ages, young and old, who have sexual problems, including erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
What Should You Look for in a Specialist Who Treats Erectile Dysfunction:
Board certified urologist – only urologists are qualified to treat a full spectrum of erectile dysfunction. Urologists are specially trained in the anatomy, physiology, diseases, and care of the penis.
- Only a small number of urologists specialize in treating erectile dysfunction and Peyronies disease with surgical methods such as a penile implant. Even a smaller number of urologists, which includes doctors at New York Urology Specialists, are experienced to do revision surgery when penile implants malfunction. Our doctors are top urologists in NYC.
- Urologists at New York Urology Specialists routinely treat men with erectile dysfunction when medications such as Viagra and Cialis do not work; we also treat men with venous leak problems as well as perform a revision of penile implant when they stop working.
- Erectile Dysfunction Doctor should offer and use every effective treatment modality available for treatment of erectile dysfunction that is individually selected for each man:
- Medical therapy with medications such as Stendra, Levitra, Cialis, Viagra
- Intraurethral therapy: MUSE
- Injectable therapy: alprostadil and trimix
- Vacuum pump therapy
- Penile prosthesis
- Shockwave therapy for ED
Comprehensive Evaluation is Important in Men with Erectile Dysfunction
Doctors who specialize in the treatment of erectile dysfunction should provide comprehensive evaluation including preventive measures to their patients. This includes at a minimum blood pressure measurement, physical exam, laboratory testing that should include measurement of blood lipid profile (cholesterol, etc), testosterone levels, thyroid levels and blood sugar levels.
Your doctor should be comfortable counseling you about measures you can take to improve your erections.
Physicians treating ED must be experienced in the evaluation and treatment of underlying causes of erectile dysfunction in men. These include conditions such as Peyronie’s disease, vascular problems, and diabetes and hypertension.
Learn More About:
- Why Choose New York Urology Specialists?
- ED Treatment: Viagra and Stendra
- How is ED Diagnosed?
- High Blood Pressure and ED
What You Need to Know:
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a board-certified urologist, who specializes in all aspects of care for sexual problems in men including ED, premature ejaculation and other sexual concerns. He has successfully treated hundreds of men with sexual problems including ED and poor libido.
ED is Treatable in Nearly Every Man
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of erectile dysfunction. We understand the challenges that ED creates for our patients, their relationships and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for erectile dysfunction that fits your needs, your lifestyle and your preferences.
Urologists are doctors specializing in the treatment of men with erectile dysfunction. By the virtue of our experience and skill, we are able to offer an effective treatment option for nearly every man who desires an effective treatment for ED. We offer medical and surgical treatment for erectile dysfunction.
We treat some of the most complex ED problems including:
- erectile dysfunction in men with prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy
- ED in men with multiple sclerosis
- impotence in men with diabetes.
- Priapism in men and other emergency penis problems.
- Erectile dysfunction in men with Peyronie’s disease
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
- Erection problems in men with low testosterone.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urological problems in men and women using modern effective and proven treatment methods. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.