Aquablation with AquaBeam for Treatment of Urinary Retention in Men: Robotically Guided System for BPH
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance. We speak Spanish and Russian languages.
What is Aquablation Therapy for Enlarged Prostate?
AquaBeam Aquablation System from ProCept Robotics uses high-pressure waterjet ablation therapy to destroy prostate tissue. Normal saline is used during the aquablation procedure to ablate obstructing prostate tissue. Prostate tissue is then removed for analysis.
Can Aquablation Treat Urinary Retention in Men with BPH?
Aquablation therapy can be used for treating men with urinary retention from an enlarged prostate. Aquablation has been shown to be as effective as TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate), which has been for a long time considered the most effective treatment for urinary retention in men.
How Long Does it Take to Treat Large Prostate with Aquablation for Men with Retention of Urine?
One of the advantages of the AquaBeam aquablation system is that it can achieve prostate ablation very fast regardless of prostate size. Even large prostates of 50-100 grams can be treated within less than 10 minutes with Aquablation.
While there are no direct comparisons, it appears that the success rate of Aquablation is similar to laser enucleation of the prostate when it comes to treating urinary retention in men.
What are the Risks of Aquablation for Treatment of Urinary Retention
Risks of Aquablation therapy for BPH are similar to those from other treatments for an enlarged prostate: UTI, bleeding, the formation of urethral strictures.
How Soon Can I Get Aquablation?
Aquablation is currently in trials. It is likely that Aquablation will become available in the United States in 2020-2021.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Urinary Retention Caused by Enlarged Prostate?
- All treatment is performed by a Board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of BPH using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of BPH.
- We offer BPH treatment options under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of men treated successfully using medical therapy, Urolift, lasers for BPH (Holmium, Thulium, Evolve, Greenlight lasers), Bipolar TURP, traditional TURP, open suprapubic prostatectomy, robotic suprapubic prostatectomy for BPH.
- We treat men with BPH who have heart problems (hypertension, CAD, CHF), renal failure (ESRD) on hemodialysis, men on blood thinners such as aspirin, Lovenox, Coumadin (Warfarin), apixaban, rivaroxaban (Xarelto).
When it comes to experience and innovation – New York Urology Specialists are a step ahead. Better Science Means Better Care. We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of enlarged prostate and BPH. Many treatment procedures are performed in the convenience and privacy of office settings under local anesthesia.
Medicare and major insurances accepted. We offer affordable rates and financing options.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men. He uses modern effective and proven treatment methods including prostate enucleation and Urolift for BPH. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area.
He has successfully performed hundreds of prostate procedures in adults. Urolift procedures are performed in the office under local anesthesia, in a surgical center and affiliated hospitals under anesthesia.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend, and evening office hours.