ProTouch Laser Treatment for Enlarged Prostate in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, New Jersey, Long Island, Westchester, and Connecticut.
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance. We speak Spanish and Russian languages.
What is Protouch Laser?
ProTouch laser is a special laser that was designed for the treatment of BPH in men.
How Effective is Pro-Touch BPH Laser for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate?
ProTouch laser can be used for prostate laser enucleation and prostate ablation. Treatment with ProTouch laser is effective in improving urinary symptoms caused by an enlarged prostate. Outcomes are similar to other lasers used in the treatment of BPH.
Does ProTouch Laser for Enlarged Prostate Symptoms Help with Urine Stream?
For men with a weak urine stream caused by an enlarged prostate, treatment with ProTouch laser improves the urinary stream in the vast majority of men. It also helps men to empty the urinary bladder
What are the Advantages of ProTouch Laser for BPH?
A major advantage of using the Pro-Touch T-1470 laser for treatment of men with a large prostate is its ability to control bleeding. The pro-touch laser is very hemostatic and minimal to no bleeding typically occurs during the procedure. This is of particular benefit to patients who need to restart medication such as aspirin, Plavix, and Lovenox soon after the procedure.
How Soon can Pro-Touch Laser for BPH Be Performed?
Pro-Touch laser Prostate enucleation is performed twice a month at New York Urology Specialists. Please contact us to schedule evaluation
What Are My Options Right Now For Treatment Of Enlarged Prostate?
For patients suffering from symptoms of the enlarged prostate such as slow urine stream, urinary urge, frequent urination and waking up at night to urinate, procedures such as Urolift procedure and Rezum procedure are currently available in the United States and have similar efficacy and safety profile as iTind. These procedures are performed in our offices at New York Urology Specialists.
For men with very large prostates, laser enucleation of the prostate is a good and effective treatment option. Our surgeons are experienced in performing laser enucleation of the prostate in NYC.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Urinary Retention Caused by Enlarged Prostate?
- All treatment is performed by a Board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of BPH using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of BPH.
- We offer BPH treatment options under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of men treated successfully using medical therapy, Urolift, lasers for BPH (Holmium, Thulium, Evolve, Greenlight lasers), Bipolar TURP, traditional TURP, open suprapubic prostatectomy, robotic suprapubic prostatectomy for BPH.
- We treat men with BPH who have heart problems (hypertension, CAD, CHF), renal failure (ESRD) on hemodialysis, men on blood thinners such as aspirin, Lovenox, Coumadin (Warfarin), apixaban, rivaroxaban (Xarelto).
When it comes to experience and innovation – New York Urology Specialists are a step ahead. Better Science Means Better Care. We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of enlarged prostate and BPH. Many treatment procedures are performed in the convenience and privacy of office settings under local anesthesia.
Medicare and major insurances accepted. We offer affordable rates and financing options.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men. He uses modern effective and proven treatment methods including prostate enucleation and Urolift for BPH. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area.
He has successfully performed hundreds of prostate procedures in adults. Urolift procedures are performed in the office under local anesthesia, in a surgical center and affiliated hospitals under anesthesia.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.