Top Specialist in NYC for Laser Enucleation of Prostate Surgery
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance. We speak Spanish and Russian languages.
Experienced Urologist for Laser Enucleation of Prostate (LEP)
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is an experienced urologist who has successfully treated thousands of men with BPH. He is one of the first urologists in the United States and one of the first 3 urologists in New York to perform laser enucleation of the prostate. Fewer than 1% of urologists in the US are trained to perform laser enucleation of the prostate.
Top Hospitals for Urology with Most Advanced Laser Enucleation Equipment in NYC.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger performs laser enucleation of prostate (LEP) procedures at top-ranked hospitals for Urology. We use top-of-the-line Richard Wolf prostate enucleation equipment specially designed for laser enucleation of the prostate. This equipment includes multiple safety features to ensure fast and safe prostate enucleation.
Types of Prostate Laser Enucleation Procedures that We Perform:
- ProTouch Transurethral Laser Enucleation of Prostate (T-LEP) – this laser has particular benefit in being very hemostatic. There is very little bleeding during the procedure with ProTouch laser. This is a laser of choice at New York Urology Specialists when performing laser enucleation of the prostate on patients who need to take blood thinners.
- Holmium Laser Prostate Enucleation (HoLEP) – Holmium laser allows efficient laser enucleation of the prostate with great precision.
- Greenlight Laser Prostate Enucleation (GreenLEP) – Greenlight laser is a powerful laser that allows a surgeon to efficiently perform laser enucleation of prostate regardless of prostate size.
- Thulium laser enucleation of the prostate (ThuLEP) – Revolix Thulium laser is a great laser choice for prostate enucleation that has been used in thousands of prostate enucleation. It has the benefit of power and hemostasis.
Special Situations: Prostate Enucleation Procedures at New York Urology Specialists
In addition to treating patients with symptoms of an enlarged prostate, we also perform laser enucleation of prostate procedures for patients with urinary retention and large prostates greater than 100-200 grams.
Patients with advanced prostate cancer who develop urinary retention are also candidates for laser enucleation of the prostate as a treatment option for retention of urine.
What Improvements Can be Expected after Laser Enucleation of Prostate?
Patients can expect an improvement in the following symptoms associated with enlarged prostate after Laser Enucleation of Prostate:
- Irregular urine flow
- split urine stream
- slow urination
- intermittent urination
- inconsistent urine flow
- frequent urination and dribbling
- urgency urination
- intermittent urine flow
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate (BPH) with Prostate Enucleation?
- All treatment is performed by a Board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of BPH using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of BPH.
- We offer BPH treatment options under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of men treated successfully using medical therapy, Urolift, lasers for BPH (Holmium, Thulium, Evolve, Greenlight lasers), Bipolar TURP, traditional TURP, open suprapubic prostatectomy, robotic suprapubic prostatectomy for BPH.
- We treat men with BPH who have heart problems (hypertension, CAD, CHF), renal failure (ESRD) on hemodialysis, men on blood thinners such as aspirin, Lovenox, Coumadin (Warfarin), apixaban, rivaroxaban (Xarelto).
When it comes to experience and innovation – New York Urology Specialists are a step ahead. Better Science Means Better Care. We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of enlarged prostate and BPH. Many treatment procedures are performed in the convenience and privacy of office settings under local anesthesia.
Medicare and major insurances accepted. We offer affordable rates and financing options.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men. He uses modern effective and proven treatment methods including Urolift for BPH. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area.
He has successfully performed hundreds of prostate procedures in adults. Urolift procedures are performed in the office under local anesthesia, in a surgical center and affiliated hospitals under anesthesia.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.