Advantages of REZUM Procedure for Enlarged Prostate
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance. We speak Spanish and Russian languages.
REZUM – a New Treatment Option for Men with Enlarged Prostate Caused by BPH
REZUM is a new procedure that offers numerous advantages to many men with BPH symptoms.
- Procedure is quick (<15 minutes)
- REZUM can be performed under local anesthesia (no need for general anesthesia)
- No need for taking daily pills enlarged prostate. Most men are able to stop medications such as Flomax, Rapaflo, finasteride, and Uroxatral.
- No sexual side effects: No erection problems
- Majority of men report no ejaculation problems after REZUM
- Ability to have other procedures for Enlarged prostate if REZUM does not provide sufficient benefit. No ‘treatment’ bridges are cut even though prostatic tissue is partially destroyed by REZUM.
How Long do the Benefits of Rezum Last?
For most men, if Rezum improves their urinary function, the benefit tends to be stable for at least 3 years. If symptoms worsen, retreatment with Rezum, Urolift for BPH procedure or laser enucleation of the prostate can be considered.
Which You Need to Know About REZUM Procedure
The REZUM procedure can be helpful to many men who experienced symptoms of the enlarged prostate such as slow urine stream, frequent urination and urge to pee. While the advantages of REZUM procedure listed above a clear-cut, it is important to understand that it may take 1-2 months for men to experience benefits from REZUM for BPH procedure.
Many men are impatient, which is understandable, and worry that their symptoms have not improved 3, 5 and 15 days after the procedure. This is not unexpected. I advised my patients to be patient and let the procedure do its work. Typically, 1-2 months after the procedure most men experience sufficient benefit. Maximal benefit is achieved about 3 months after the procedure.
Where to Get REZUM Water Vapor Therapy for Enlarged Prostate in NYC?
At New York Urology Specialists, we offer same-day treatment for urinary problems and enlarged prostate men.
We perform a cystoscopy, urodynamic testing, prostate, and bladder ultrasound in our office. We offer Urolift procedure, Rezum water-vapor procedure in our office and laser enucleation of the prostate in a hospital setting. We treat urinary and erection problems. We offer confidential appointments. We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is an experienced urologist who has treated hundreds of men with an enlarged prostate. He is one of the few urologists who offers a full range of treatment options for BPH including REZUM procedure, Urolift for BPH, and laser prostate enucleation. Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a board-certified urologist, who specializes in all aspects of care for urinary problems in men including BPH, frequent urination, slow urine stream, enlarged prostate, and urinary tract infections.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate Problems?
- All treatment is performed by a board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of frequent urination, urinary urgency, urinary incontinence and bladder pain using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers, and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate in men
- We offer treatment options for enlarged prostate, overactive bladder, UTI and urinary incontinence in our office which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia.
- Extensive experience: Thousands of men have treated successfully using medical therapy, surgery, and minimally invasive procedures such as Urolift procedure, Rezum surgery, Botox for overactive bladder, Interstim for frequent urination and tibial neuromodulation.
- We offer diagnostic testing in our office which avoids hospital costs.
- Confidential and Understanding Care. We understand that most of our patients desire privacy. We see patients with a variety of urological problems. Your reason for visiting us is entirely confidential.
- We are conveniently located within 30-60 minute commute to men who are seeking ED treatment in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Long Island, Bronx, and New Jersey.
Scheduling Appointments for Rezum Procedure for Enlarged Prostate at New York Urology Specialists
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance. We offer weekday, weekend, and evening office hours.
Urinary Problems Are Treatable in Nearly Every Man and Woman
At New York Urology Specialists, our urologists are specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of urinary problems caused by enlarged prostate and BPH in men. We understand the challenges that urinary problems such as a slow stream, waking up at night, pain in the penis and perineum create for our patients, their relationships and their self-esteem. We help you find a treatment for your urinary problems that fit your needs, lifestyle, and your preferences.
Urologists are doctors specializing in the treatment of men with symptoms caused by prostate enlargement including frequent urination, poor urine flow, frequent UTI, blood in urine, urinary incontinence, urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate, prior surgery, neuropathy, chemotherapy, and radiation. By the virtue of our experience and skill, we are able to offer an effective treatment option for nearly every man and woman who desire an effective treatment for their urinary problems. We offer medical and surgical treatment for men’s prostate problems.
We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of bladder pain, urethral burning, pelvic discomfort, incomplete bladder emptying, urinary frequency, and urgency.
We Treat Some of the Most Complex Men’s Health Problems Including:
- Erectile dysfunction in men for whom Viagra and Cialis do not work.
- Penile Pain During Sex
- Impotence in men with diabetes.
- Burning during urination
- Premature Ejaculation
- Frequent urination
- Urinary retention
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship-trained board-certified urologist with expertise in the evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men using modern effective and proven treatment methods including Botox for OAB, Interstim neuromodulation, Rezum for BPH, prostate enucleation for enlarged prostate, and Urolift procedure.
He has successfully treated hundreds of men with BPH with symptoms of frequent urination during the day and excessive urination at night.
He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area. If you or someone you know has been experiencing urological symptoms, make an appointment to take advantage of Dr. Shteynshlyuger’s expert advice. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance.