What Conditions are Treated with TURP?
Dr. Shteynshlyuger is an experienced surgeon who has successfully treated many men for BPH. He is experienced with most effective treatment options for BPH including medical (non-surgical) treatment and surgical treatments such as bipolar TURP, Greenlight laser, Urolift, TUNA, and microwave.
TURP is used to Effectively Treat the Following Symptoms:
- Symptoms of enlarged prostate or BPH can be effectively treated with TURP
- Urinary retention or inability to urinate can be treated with TURP. Most men are able to urinate without a catheter after TURP.
- Frequent UTI in men with an enlarged prostate can be treated with TURP.
- Bleeding from the prostate can be effectively treated with TURP.
- Kidney failure or insufficiency with hydronephrosis as a result of an enlarged prostate can also be treated effectively with TURP
- Men with bladder stones usually have an enlarged prostate that requires treatment. TURP is a good treatment option for these men. Greenlight Laser or bipolar TURP is also effective.
- Men with bladder cancer involving the prostate can be effectively diagnosed and treated using TURP.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend and evening office hours.