United Healthcare Coverage for Greenlight Laser for Men in NYC
We offer affordable appointment prices with or without insurance. We speak Spanish and Russian languages.
Greenlight Laser PVP Prostatectomy is Covered by United Healthcare and Oxford Health Plans
Greenlight laser prostatectomy for the treatment of symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate in men is considered an effective and well-established treatment. Greenlight laser photo-vaporization of the prostate is recommended as one of the treatment options by medical guidelines. As a result, United Healthcare and Oxford health plans cover the cost associated with Greenlight laser surgery for enlarged prostate in men with BPH symptoms caused by obstruction from the prostate.
Preauthorization prior to Greenlight laser prostatectomy is required by United healthcare in Oxford health plans. Once you decide to have a Greenlight laser procedure for enlarged prostate after your evaluation at the New York Urology Specialists, our offices will obtain preauthorization from your health plan. Typically, he takes 1 week to obtain preauthorization from United healthcare or Oxford. However legally, insurance companies can take as long as a month to approve preauthorization for Greenlight laser.
Because Greenlight laser is such an effective and well-established procedure for the treatment of urinary retention and obstruction from prostate in men with BPH, it is virtually never denied by insurance companies.
What is Required for United Healthcare to Pay for Greenlight Laser of Prostate for Treatment of BPH?
Insurance companies require documentation that the patient has blockage caused by an enlarged prostate and that the symptoms are severe enough to require surgical treatment. Insurance companies also want to see if the patient has tried the medical treatment for enlarged prostate and whether or not it was effective.
Out-of-Pocket Costs of Greenlight Surgery with UnitedHealthcare plans
Out-of-pocket costs may include copays and deductibles for the surgeon, surgical center, and anesthesia. Please contact our office so that we can check your benefits to determine your potential out-of-pocket costs with your United Healthcare plan.
Why Choose New York Urology Specialists for Treatment of Enlarged Prostate (BPH) with Greenlight PVP Surgery?
- All treatment is performed by a Board-certified urologist experienced in treating men with symptoms of BPH using medical therapy, minimally invasive therapies, lasers and open surgery.
- We are one of the few practices in the region to offer a full range of options for treatment of BPH.
- We offer BPH treatment options under local anesthesia which avoids the risks, costs, and recovery from general anesthesia. Most men are able to return to office work and other normal activities the next day.
- Extensive Experience: Hundreds of men treated successfully using medical therapy, Urolift, lasers for BPH (Holmium, Thulium, Evolve, Greenlight lasers), Bipolar TURP, traditional TURP, open suprapubic prostatectomy, robotic suprapubic prostatectomy for BPH.
- We treat men with BPH who have heart problems (hypertension, CAD, CHF), renal failure (ESRD) on hemodialysis, men on blood thinners such as aspirin, Lovenox, Coumadin (Warfarin), apixaban, rivaroxaban (Xarelto).
When it comes to experience and innovation – New York Urology Specialists are a step ahead. Better Science Means Better Care. We specialize in minimally invasive highly effective treatment for symptoms of enlarged prostate and BPH. Many treatment procedures are performed in the convenience and privacy of office settings under local anesthesia.
Medicare and major insurances accepted. Urologist. We offer affordable rates and financing options.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Shteynshlyuger:
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is a fellowship trained board-certified urologist with expertise in evaluation and treatment of urinary problems in men. He uses modern effective and proven treatment methods including Greenlight for BPH. He is highly recommended by top primary care physicians in the New York area.
He has successfully performed hundreds of prostate procedures in adults. Greenlight for BPH surgeries are performed in a surgical center and affiliated hospitals under anesthesia.
We offer affordable, highest-quality urology care with or without insurance. Find out our office hours or directions to our office. We offer weekday, weekend, and evening office hours.